Ideas on how to balance the sniper

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by nickeboy, February 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkyX

MarkyX New Member

But I'm sure that unlike the sniper, they actually require a bit of effort.
  2. taste

taste New Member

no offense dude, but you are not very bright, and your word means nothing to me.
    for somebody who spits out a "shopped" comment on a screen shot after seeing the video that it came from.....ya, pretty stupid if you ask me.

btw, wtf does your comment have anything to do with the sniper? if you cant keep this thread on topic, just dont post. its very simple.

you can claim i suck all you want, it does not bother me, im not claiming to be anything here.

and if that is the best comments you can make, then im sorry for you.
  3. Smaz

Smaz New Member

Then why should your word mean anything to anyone?

Bro was simply pointing out that hes seen other classes go over 70 kills meaning that just because youve come across decent snipers vsing bad player with a high kill count, doesnt mean the class is OP.
    If you came across a good player playing assault, i bet youd be on the forums whinging about how OP they are because they have a high kill count.
  4. Runie

Runie New Member

You post a crude inflammatory video of you doing all the things you're not supposed to do when going up against a sniper and claim that snipers are OP. When people call you on your bullshit you go WAA WAA WAA I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.

Just leave.
  5. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

HAY GUYS I GOT OWNED BY A PERSON WHO WAS BETTER THAN ME AT THE GAME, PLEASE NERF WHATEVER CLASS HE WAS PLAYING.

Just replace every thread with that Uber, save some time.
  6. taste

taste New Member

when you come up with something constructive, give me a call.

i was merely pointing out to the wanker that his intelligence level was not very high.

my apologies to all of you pro's out there who could have taken out that sniper with ease with a gunner.

and to the "just leave" comment, i will (and many others) over time if this problem is not addressed in a proper manner. but not because some know-it-all tells me to.
    Last edited: February 8, 2011
  7. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

It has already been addressed a thousand times, you're just being too stubborn to read it.

Uber have also stated that they consider the class to be fine, with the one exception of rate of fire possibly being tuned down a tad.
  8. Providence

Providence New Member

Taste, that situation on steel peel happens every game. Any class can camp and hold that area in front of your spawn. It's your responsibility to break out, if you can't, you deserve to lose. Blaming it on a single class tells more about your own ability than the imbalance of classes.
  9. Runie

Runie New Member

Ok. You want specifics of why this is ok?

Sniper was doing his job, denying you access to that area forcing you to go around him. If you really have trouble with the two assassins guarding the other way then I'm sorry but the game is working as intended. They're working as a team to lock you in. The problem becomes more complicated.

It's not, "I couldn't win because of that sniper"

It's, "I couldn't win because of that sniper and his teammates doing what they're supposed to be doing"
  10. taste

taste New Member

it has? a thousand times reallY? and the devs still dont get the hint? then perhaps they do not deserve much more business do they?

after all, they are here to make money correct? and the sniper issue seems to be a hot issue, they would be stupid not to listen to the bulk of the community and not just the elitists like yourself.

this would not even be up for discussion if the headshot was not an instant kill. and please do not bring up "realism" and how you would die in real life if you were shot in the head by one shot, cause this game is anything but realistic.

providence, either you are blind or stupid, its one of the two, if that was any other class besides a support with a lvl 3 firebase nearby, I would indeed be able use that launch pad in my spawn to go over there and break it up and then push forward.

i mean please, tell us something useful for a change.

really now, so your logic is this:

you enter a game and your team is already getting dominated by a few scrubs and a sniper, the class you picked just happens to be the worst choice for the situation, but you didnt know that before picking your class. so now you are trapped in your own base, not by the scrub sins around, but by the sniper denying you access to 2 of the 3 exits, the 3rd exit is a choke point full of bots from both sides, but mostly the other teams since they control the lane. you have enough gold to upgrade two of your abilities to lvl 2, the sniper is already maxed out before you ever arrived. so you have 1 exit that you are able to use, 1.

now, do you run past the infinite line of bots closing in on that exit, or kill all the bots?

if you do kill the bots, did you survive the two assassins lurking nearby? or that assault controlling the annihilator shooting down on you?

and if you did manage to kill 3 pro's and the bulk of those bots, now you have your shot at the sniper right?.....no just no....he has already shot you in the head on your way to the launch pad out there.
  11. Runie

Runie New Member

YES. THAT'S THE POINT. THEY'RE WORKING AS A TEAM. LOCKING YOU IN, IT'S NOT JUST THE SNIPER ARE YOU DENSE.

EDIT: ALSO WHERE IS YOUR TEAM DURING THIS. HAVING A SHITTY TEAM INVALIDATES EVERYTHING
  12. taste

taste New Member

you are not very bright either, if that sniper was not in that game, it would have been an entirely different story, you think not?

im not worried about sins, they do not lock down a map like a sniper can. im free to walk around vs the sins, sure they will kill me from time to time, but their death total will suffer from it.

those sins did not do anything other than mooch off the snipers map control, period.
    to think otherwise is moronic.
  13. Runie

Runie New Member

It would have been different indeed.

Get mowed down by gunner. Get blown up by assault's bomb. Get mowed down by turret + shotgun. Get backgrappled by assassin. Get Headshot by sniper. The only class I can think of that doesn't have an advantage on that spot is the tank, and he should be on the ground anyway.

See how different those scenarios are? But they all end with the same result.
  14. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

There. See what I did? I fixed your post.

Snipers put a very loose lock on the map. They can't access everywhere at once, they can't kill most light pros, they aren't God.

I played against 4 snipers and a support earlier today. THEY SUCKED! I swear I got 4 kills at once from max range grenades, only took 3 grenades, and that was only because they weren't all the way shoulder to shoulder. All dead in a total of 1.5 seconds, all within 30 seconds into the game start.

This doesn't make my assault overpowered, we lost a few afer that against a more balanced support-gunner team. My tank was better than my assault tonight.

Need proof? If so, I can just doctor that scoreboard photo you have with my name, a really high score, and you would never notice its cropped. Just saying.
  15. taste

taste New Member

you are seriously delusional.

as stated before, yes, a support in that spot with a lvl 3 firebase does have a nice advantage, but no other class besides sniper will be able to handle an incoming prespun gunner landing right on top of them with slam on cool down and ready to go as well as the mini gun prespun and a full clip. the situation has been played over and over, im not that bad at the game.

if another gunner is camping that spot, wait for his reload on his mini, and hop right on over there, his mortar gun will not save him in that situation, and his slam will not kill you if he gets it off before you get yours off. its pretty basic strat right?

if a sin is camping there, lolz, moment right before you land as a gunner, you slam, that sin is either dead already or very visable with the crap flying round her head. easy matchup, but for you, you say you would lose this one, you must be horrible.....just horrible.

if an assault is camping there, you dont even need to go to him, just prespin and pop out from behind the glass, he is either dead by now, or running away. the same can be done against the support, he has no range from there, but his firebase does, you just need to be quick.

a tank actually would stand a decent change if he was camping there (his jet gun is pretty powerful and his alt spin is too), but if he was camping there, then he isnt really doing his job now is he? he should be inside my base raping stuff.

i think i have covered all the classes that would camp there, sniper is the only one without a counter to it.

whats next? i just love seeing these brilliant posts from some of you.

see what i did there? i put what you really wanted to say in there instead of the BS you really did say.

good job.

see, you really are just toooo good for this game, any class, you beat it wow! just wow, you amaze us all!
    Last edited: February 8, 2011
  16. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

If that gunner doesn't kill EVERY class in that situation, then herpaderp.

I would kill ANY class in that situation should I be that gunner.

By the way, railgunning tanks play almost exactly like snipers.
  17. Runie

Runie New Member

Oh hey I wouldn't be dead against any of them because I'm a GOLDEN DOG

You on the other hand have proven with that video you're quite terrible
  18. taste

taste New Member

ya, and that rail gun and its headshots.....me so scared. oh wait.

a rail gun tank is nothing more than an annoyance. kinda like that sin with bad timing trying to grapple you as you hover above.

nice post though, nice post.

ya, making a video of a sniper controlling the map makes me a bad player. i agree.
    again, another brilliant post.
  19. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

[​IMG]

Gone on for 250 posts. Too long.

Sniper might need a nerf. Sniper needs rate of fire. Therefore, nerf must be some kind of aiming inconvinence.

NOBODY REPLY TO WHATEVER ANYONE SAYS! FAT TROLLS ARE FAT ENOUGH! TIME FOR A DIET!
  20. taste

taste New Member

speak for yourself kiddo, you have not brought anything of value to this thread, the only thing some of you sniper supporters are doing is just saying how bad everyone else is, and how goldlike you are.

again, nice post though, keep it coming.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.