I wish there was NO reward for taunting.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Flawed, January 9, 2011.

1. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

Pong.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Actually there were a lot of pong consoles that were glitchy. :|
    :p
  3. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Luckily, my cyberhat is now made of bacon.
  4. Richy Woo

Richy Woo New Member

If you could sacrifice a full portion of juice to make a recently defeated opponent sit through a humiliating 10 second, Full Screen, HD, Extreme Taunt, i would use it every single time.

Let me repeat... Taunting is Awesome.
  5. AARPS

AARPS New Member

That's hilarious. Monster truck announcer shouting "YOU'VE" "JUST" "BEEN" "TAUNTED"
    I'd pay to have the closing screen for the losing team just show a compilation of all the taunts pulled against them. A little $ bonus meter would tick up $50 for each scene in the montage.
  6. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

I agree, because I taunt more than 10 times a match :D
  7. Bezique

Bezique New Member

If you're going to have some kind of taunt humiliation then perhaps you should set it like an auction. At the START of the match you bid an amount. During the match all/part of your money goes to meeting that total. They player that has the highest target that is reached gets the end game reply. This will limit the finances of good players in exchange for showing off.
  8. Flawed

Flawed New Member

I don't know if I made this clear in the OP or not, but I don't have a problem with taunting. I just feel like the way taunting is now it's not taunting. It's just an annoying animation I have to watch because somebody wants extra money.

I'm not really offended by taunting If someone taunts me when I feel they shouldn't in another game. I wouldn't get offended. I'd just get them back. In this game it's the GAME'S fault they're taunting you after you just owned there base. In this game taunting is NOT an expression of cockiness. It's NOT a "Hell yes I finally got you!". It's not a "That's what you get for spawn camping". It's just a game mechanic!

In short they've taken something that's usually an expression of personality and simply made it part of the "math" of the game. I don't like the idea
  9. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Thanks for clearing that up, and I agree with you to an extent. However, there are plenty of ways of taunting people without actually taunting. You can go into skillpick as a Support - you give the enemy player a playful look, as if to say "Im'ma gonna kill you again, even though Im'ma gimped to hell!". Meleeing the air works well too.

In short, it's quite obvious to me if someone is taunting you for money or for giggles.
  10. AARPS

AARPS New Member

That's really well said. I personally just prefer that it kinda goes away into mechanic/money making land, but I'm not really a fan of taunting or teabagging in the first place.
  11. Flawed

Flawed New Member

You know, I don't taunt much at all either, and if you would have told me about the mechanic BEFORE I played the game, I would have probably thought it was a good idea. However, in practice it's just one step closer to mathland, and mathland always reminds me of [insert popular MMO name here] *shudders*
  12. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

how about for the sequel, if all classes can earn taunts later on, they could all start off with a universal taunt that isnt so annoying.

i know i said this before and someone said it wouldnt be as entertaining, it doenst hafta be boring. but if all classes started with a 5 second taunt with them saying "HiYo!" or something, then all classes would be balanced with taunts, generic taunting wouldnt be so annoying, and choosing longer taunts would be more "taunting" and a greater insult at the cost of more danger.

keep the stradegy of it, fix the bothersome repetitiveness.
  13. Richy Woo

Richy Woo New Member

Awesome Idea BroTranquility !!!!

In the next update you should be able to spend money on the upgrading your taunt level. Level one taunting should be a one second thing that only bags you around $10, Level 2 should be as it is now and Level 3 should bag you around $50 and be epic.