I wish there was NO reward for taunting.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Flawed, January 9, 2011.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

You can just hit the A button to change the camera angle...
  2. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

3. Flawed

Flawed New Member

I never said I wanted taunting removed. Just have a different button to "Log a kill" after you kill someone to get extra money. That way, taunting can be used to actually taunt someone.

Like I said, I think it hurts the immenseness of the game, when I have to keep reminding myself that people are just taunting for money. Anyway, I didn't expect anyone to agree with the OP. I was just venting really.
  4. DeadStretch

The real Pros melee the air as a way of taunting you after a kill.
  5. ASH

ASH Member

I agree with the OP and am totally baffled that the devs decided to let pros make money from taunting. (even though they know that taunting in general is an inherently unsportsmanlike act)

There are many reasons why MNC hasn't become the insanely popular game that the devs were hoping for. (You know...make millions and be super successful...and it must be bugging them to no end)
    I suspect the inclusion of taunting is just one of the many small reasons why MNC isn't as big as it could be.) That and the constant struggle to balance the game which should have been done before it was released. (doesn't matter if you guys are a startup company...all the issues you guys are having to deal with now should've been thought of, considered, and dealt with beforehand)

Ekanaut has stated here before that the Uber devs made "the game we wanted to play".
    Yes, they made the game they wanted to play, but in reality they need to focus on the game that the PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY. (which Uber is doing, but is it too little, too late?)

Don't be upset at me for saying this. I'm sure others were thinking the same things and it needed to be said.
    Not trying to be a jerk. I like MNC and wish I could've been part of the development team. You guys would either love me or kick my *** right out of the room!
    LOL!! :D
    Last edited: January 11, 2011
  6. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

:roll:
  7. ASH

ASH Member

Eka,

No hard feelings. I'm just saying what needed to be said. No need to roll your eyes at me because it won't dissuade me from my opinions and the truth.
    You know I'm right. I guess you're so used to dealing with so many idiots on this forum that you were taken aback at a serious and legitimate response.
    It's OK. :)
  8. DeadStretch

I guess you don't watch Pro Football. Taunting and/or showboating was ruled out a few seasons back and it didn't end well. Flags being thrown for the slightest sign of taunting.

I mean here is a very recent form of showboating, and it's a play every sports fan should know about by now. They way he scores the TD would have got him flagged during that season when taunting/showboating was ruled out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGpwRSiUbic
  9. ASH

ASH Member

No. I'm 36 years old and do not watch pro or college football. Never have. It's just not my cup of tea.
    I get a lot of nasty looks when I tell people that I don't watch American football.
    Too bad so sad. There is more to life than football.

MNC is NOT football.
  10. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I'm with Eka on this one.

Seriously, you get angry when you see somebody taunting after a kill? Give the guy the satisfaction, then go and do the same to him.! :twisted:

I like how Uber turned a feature that was strictly for humiliation into a funny game mechanic. I don't take taunting personal and neither should you.
  11. ASH

ASH Member

In a perfect world, no one would take taunting personally.
    But we don't live in a perfect world, do we?

The point I'm trying to get across is that yes, some of us DO take taunting seriously and we find it extremely offensive. (even if it is a video game)
  12. DeadStretch

Well you see MNC gets a lot of inspiration from American Football. Monday Night Football / Monday Night Combat. Even the logos are similar.

Logo 1:
    [​IMG]
    Logo 2:
    [​IMG]

Although I am wondering what sports do you watch if any?

Also the MLB logo shares similarities:
    [​IMG]
  13. ASH

ASH Member

I think you missed my point.
    Professional sports has nothing to do with the small missteps the Uber devs have made along the way. (or maybe it does...because they were "blinded" by it)
    Sure, they modeled MNC after pro football, but that doesn't excuse the fact that they made several mistakes and are now paying for them in terms of lost players and constantly having to upgrade the game which costs them money.

Believe me, I am not trying to be a royal dickhead here. I want MNC to be everything the devs wanted and more! They made mistakes and as a member of their target market, I'm pointing them out.
    It's called "constructive criticism".
  14. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Nah. It makes sense that you get extra money for flamboyantly impersonating a jetski-ier, or requesting that your opponents do it Tiki style. It wouldn't make sense get extra money for checking your ammo. Besides, if the taunts were shorter they'd get spammed when people were close to a skill upgrade or Juice.

[​IMG]

4th top-selling XBL game of 2010 is pretty good by my standards, especially for a mainly multiplayer game - it has to compete with Reach and Blops, after all. I'd say you were joking, but if you are you're being very subtle, and subtlety doesn't work very well on the Internet. LAWL BEWBS. You see? Internet dweebs will be desperately refueling their roflcopters at that.

Name me one multiplayer game that was perfectly balanced and glitch-free upon release, and I'll eat my cyber-hat. Taunting is a risk-reward system that is also humorous, what's not to like?
    Last edited: January 11, 2011
  15. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

Dear anyone who finds taunting offensive,

Reach a hand up your bottom and remove the stick. There. Don't you feel much better now?

Love, Wallace
  16. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I had something to say on this matter but Ninja beat me to it! :lol: :lol: :lol:
  17. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Tetris.

Wait, no. Straight piece is overpowered.
  18. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

So I just shot a poor support with red healthbar who was hiding in a corner. I shot him from above, with my dual minigun, at point-blank range. And then I taunted for the first time in ages in Crossfire. (Nothing personal, dear Support, really, just for the money!)

An Assassin used my time-out to sneak up on me, but oh my, she was half a second late. SLAM! Ring out. +$75

I think I just fell in love! :lol:
  19. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Oh, you Internet wits. Ninja edits save the day once again.
  20. WhiteHawke

WhiteHawke New Member

Taunting for money is awesome. These players are showoffs in a world where showing off usually causes success. Their loud and ostentatious actions and words fit perfectly into the universe as presented. It's just a shame there are so few taunts.