I wish there was NO reward for taunting.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Flawed, January 9, 2011.

1. Flawed

Flawed New Member

It causes people to taunt after EVERY kill regardless of the circumstances. It's SOOOO silly and a bit annoying to go into a base with an assassin juice, kill 2 people and 2 or 3 turrets only to have the guy who finally kills me taunt me.

I think taunting should be for making a good shoot, surviving a ridiculous situation ect, but
    as it is, taunting is not taunting at all. It's just an arbitrary button push after you kill someone. It really hurts the immersion when I think to myself "Why is he taunting? I just owned his base! ....Oh yeah, he's doing it to get money *sigh*"
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Taunting is a risk/reward situation. They are stuck in place and can't shoot.
  3. Flawed

Flawed New Member

I understand how it works as a game mechanic. I just don't like that said mechanic encourages people to taunt when they would otherwise have NO reason to. If the animation was "logging a kill" or "looting a body", I'd have no problem with it
  4. DeadStretch

5. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I understand the complaint: because taunting actually has a function in the game, it is harder to actually effectively "taunt" someone.

Taunt in other games has purely been to humiliate people after a kill.

In this game, because it has a legitimate function, taunting is less viewed as a personal means of humiliation and more as a means of making money.

Melee kills and enemy turret hacks are the closest things to conventional taunts in this game.

(Also mario stomps and jetpack kills)
  6. Scented Midget

Scented Midget New Member

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  7. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

good, good. you understand it. why not keep that in mind.

taunting ISNT taunting. its just a button to push for more money after the words "Kill - $25" comes up on your screen, which leaves you vunerable for 8 seconds, so you can only earn the bonus when your not too deep behind enemy lines.

i like the balance of taunting. i dont personally abuse it. i sometimes use it for money, other times use it as a taunt.

you know im using it as a taunt when im taunting for an assist :lol: like i really need the $5, right?

anyhow, i think taunts actually hold tactical value. kind of like street fighter, try to bait people, use it when you know its safe. only thing i yet to like about taunting is the juice boost. make it to where lazors of any kind dont reward juice on a taunting or deployed enemy, and problem solved.
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

am i the only one who has no idea why the OP doesnt like earning money for a taunt?
  9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

what i think he wants is to stop seeing taunts constantly. the reward makes taunts happen after every kill, and then the game forces you to watch the person who killed you before you can respawn.

solution= when uber decides to make cusomizable taunts, as well as armors and maybe other cosmetic stuffs, they should consider making a default taunt for every class that actually doesnt look annoying.

maybe something like checking their gun, readying up, something both quiet and subtle. still makes them vunerable, but it gives all classes a default taunt of the same length and of little annoyance. then people can unlock and choose a more taunting and lengthy taunt.
  10. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

11. F5in

F5in New Member

What I don't understand is why taunting (or even deploying) while under LB fire will give you juice. like seriously what the ****
  12. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

You wouldn't see so much taunting if you didn't die so much.

I WANT MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW.

I taunt at every opporunity after a kill. I roughly estimate around 50% of the time, I taunt after a kill, even in semi-risky situations.
  13. AARPS

AARPS New Member

If they do this they should change the team colors to grey and beige. And make the taunts just animations of yawning or maybe doing dishes.
  14. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

hey, would you rather me just agree that taunts need to go?

that was all i could think would remedy the annoying taunts without taking away the stradegy and money that went along with them. also makes all taunts same length, right now the assassin has all taunts like 4sec- and the support has a 5 second taunt, yet the sniper has 9sec taunts.
  15. DeadStretch

A remedy for annoying taunts? Look away from the screen when you die.
  16. AARPS

AARPS New Member

^agreed with stretch, there is no problem to remedy. Taunting as a mechanic (I'll say it again folks) is genius. You can choose to take it personally or not but they've taken the taunt mechanic away from the tea baggers and given it to everyman. The times when you've earned it and feel like taunting for taunting's sake you're already doing it. It makes me feel like 'is this thing reading my mind?!?'
  17. Richy Woo

Richy Woo New Member

I have spent a great deal of time and energy trying to perfect the art of hitting a taunt at just the right time and map position so when my defeated enemies see the end of game Moneyball screen , my Tank is there flexing his arms.

Do Not Ban Taunting , it is Awesome!
  18. DeadStretch

YES!!
  19. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Haha! I can't seem to get the timing right. I'm always too early. :oops:
  20. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

really? lol