I really wish Uber hadn't decided to get in bed with Valve.

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by vulcantourist, September 13, 2012.

1. vulcantourist

vulcantourist New Member

Re: I really wish Uber hadn't decided to get in bed with Val

Simply saying that doesn't give it any authority. It's simply you choosing to believe it's not important and saying so as if that makes it tangible. You have said nothing that would convince anyone else that these clauses don't adversely apply to you.

What you have said is deflection and redirection using insults, ad hominem, and marginalization. How will someone else reading this interpret this latest little exchange of quips? Will they agree with your insinuation that I am so inferior by comparison that you don't feel an obligation to respond as you would to an equal? Will they conclude that you are both clearly more knowledgeable and could easily offer contrary proof if only you felt like it?

This exchange is what 10-year-old schoolyard bullies use, carrying on a conversation of thinly veiled marginalizing insults in front of the intended victim as if he can't hear. Had my original 'rant' not been criticized not only for tone (which I deserved) but also for content, there would have been nothing to defend and no reason to try to explain further why these forced arbitration clauses are a big deal. I'm not the only one making the argument; the New York Times, TechDirt and other media have published arguments of the effects these clauses will have. Can you dismiss them too because they're liberal rags or another similar marginalizing slur?

Neither of you responded in kind, instead you made insults after first trotting out the tired it's-those-damned-lawyers argument. You haven't persuaded me with your insults that my conclusion is a mistake, I doubt you've had footnoted rebuttals published in the media, I doubt you'd even questioned the clauses at all until I brought it up, so I wonder if the insults here will convince anyone else who hasn't already decided they're going to hate me as much as they hate lawyers simply because I'm disruptive and a bit confrontational.
  2. killien

killien Active Member

Considering your use of "evil corporate entities" I have no intention of trying to convince you otherwise
  3. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

Dude, I said I didn't care, stop provoking hostility. It's your fault people are insulting you. <--- Best sentence ever written.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

5. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

=(
  6. infinitycanvas

Forum middle manager?
  7. thetrophysystem

I believe this is more the case.

They get bossed around by customers, yet also get bossed around by admins. Nobody appreciates them even though they are authority figures.
  8. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Of all the people who threw a hissy-fit over the steam T&C changes, I bet only 0.000001% of them ever had any intention of trying to sue Valve.
  9. AraxisHT

AraxisHT Active Member

These whiners are complete idiots. I'll bet 100% of then never even read the T&C to begin with. If this had been in the T&C 2 years ago no one would have cared. Not to mention, if I understand correctly, this new clause actually helps more users than it hurts (which still isn't many at all).
  10. xanoxis

xanoxis Active Member

Valve changed something in law, because they had to (they dont want to be robbed), games always were "subscriptions", from the beggining...

Let me say this like that - Choose one:
    1.Massive discounts up to 90% and free weekends etc.
    2."Better law" and expensive games because of this.

I really want to see PA on Steam, because of Steam Workshop and playing with my friends, I dont care that one person disagrees with something.
  11. thetrophysystem

It will be on both. It will have a standalone, and it will have a steam port that opens the same standalone anyway. Definitely the standalone, nearly positively the steam as well.

So, can this end already?
  12. brandonpotter

brandonpotter Well-Known Member

It will be stand-alone. Like Total Annihilation, and the Stand-alone versions of Supreme Commander/Forged Alliance.

Thats the way good games should be...

(With an Auto Update Feature Please :lol: )
  13. infinitycanvas

The Alpha/Beta will no doubt be done through Steam, for security, but on release it'll be available anywhere.
  14. thetrophysystem

They aren't submitting it to Steam that early. They hardly care one way or another if they do submit to steam, or if steam accepts. So obviously, they have another plan in mind to release alpha and beta without leakage outside of runny mouths.
  15. infinitycanvas

That's how SMNC was done, and yes I know what happened, but no way would it happen again.
  16. thetrophysystem

lol. Not what I was talking about but...

Anywho, Uber won't release alpha and beta through steam first. I am nearly sure if they read this they would agree with their own post.
  17. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I love how someone has an actual complaint on an issue, admits he makes a mistake and actually decided to reinstate his kickstarter donation.

Then you have a bunch of 3000-7000post elitists who bash the guy for actually looking at the TOS, and the way he responds, which is actually a pretty good ******* way to deal with an issue. Take notes OP, you're method of having an opinion and explaining it in a detailed manner isn't too welcome round these parts. These parts call for being an *******.

Yeah this guy is such an entitled gamer :roll: entitled to what? an opinion?

Hope you guys don't have a problem maintaining the playerbase.
    naka333 likes this.
  18. yhzqfhuypnib

yhzqfhuypnib New Member

www.boutiquebottesugg.net
    qt bh j92

[COLOR=#ff000]Ugg 5899 Style Bottes Soldes[/COLOR]
    le navire sont tr锟斤拷s difficiles et nous nous excusons pour la g锟斤拷ne et les d锟斤拷sagr锟斤拷ments nos clients sont actuellement endurer ?, at-il dit. cbs / apa l'heure actuelle, nous sommes devenus tellement habitu锟斤拷s 锟斤拷 l'exploration spatiale que m锟斤拷me les nouvelles surprenantes mardi que les astronomes ont d锟斤拷couvert une galaxie 13100000000 ans peut-锟斤拷tre venu et reparti sans vous inscrire sur l'锟斤拷chelle de richter plupart de
    www.acheterblousonenligne.com
    p de probl锟斤拷mes 锟斤拷 r锟斤拷soudre. la sp锟斤拷culation mont锟斤拷 que emanuel quitter la maison blanche 锟斤拷 la mairie au d锟斤拷but du mois, imm锟斤拷diatement apr锟斤拷s le maire de chicago, richard daley, a annonc锟斤拷 qu'il ne briguerait pas sa r锟斤拷锟斤拷lection l'ann锟斤拷e prochaine. emanuel, originaire de chicago et ancien repr锟斤拷sentant du cinqui锟斤拷me district de l'illinois, ont manifest锟斤拷 leur int锟斤拷r锟斤拷t 锟斤拷 la mairie, dans le pass锟斤拷, mais a dit qu'il
    Herve Leger 2011 Robe
    que chose 锟斤拷chappe 锟斤拷 tout contr?le a toujours 锟斤拷t锟斤拷 ma peur. la cor锟斤拷e du sud d锟斤拷tient des exercices militaires comme mardi au large de la c?te ouest pr锟斤拷s tous les trois mois, et ils ont g锟斤拷n锟斤拷ralement provoquer une r锟斤拷action de col锟斤拷re de la cor锟斤拷e du nord, mais l'affrontement de mardi 锟斤拷tait loin d'锟斤拷tre typical.skirmishes 锟斤拷clater le long de la fronti锟斤拷re contest锟斤拷e de temps en temps, mais ce choc suite 锟斤拷 des mo
    http://www.boutiquebottesugg.net