I need to rant...

Discussion in 'Support!' started by robtotheb, September 8, 2013.

1. doxbox

doxbox Member

Massed ants actually are better against air attacks than actual AA. Because the shells don't just circle and retarget, they keep going full speed - into the rest of the air formation.
  2. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Clearly we are since in my game 10 AA vehicles beats 100 tanks in AA.
  3. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I'm not talking about exactly this build, I talking about game in general. Situation when some slow air transport can attack group group of powerful tanks/bots and nobody can shot it down are silly.

Lot of balancing still required, but I'm talking about game concept.
  4. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Yes, I agree tank is overpowered when compared to AA but that's only because AA doesn't do squat against land targets in the current build. If they fix this and increase their range a little then AA becomes a valid choice to "just tanks".

I still find it odd why people are not complaining more about the present nuke wars problem since in all my games in the latest build the game has just boiled down to who can build the most nukes fastest.
  5. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Yeah, nuke defenses are way too weak. Building a nuke (unless you get your nuke building sniped) is almost always worth it as it forces the defender to very high investments to survive it. Even then, sniping 2-3 defenders and nuking afterwards is very easy and usually ends the game.

Having a nuke is also about the only thing that makes you survive the large deathballs you get in late game.
  6. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

Heh, in my opinion there shouldn't be antinukes :p Turtling is done so easily at the moment and nuke is the easiest counter to that, so only way to deal with a turtle is with a nuke. Since every game has at least one turtle, every game boils down to which one gets enough nukes first, you or the turtler.

My large deathballs are almost always decimated by lobbers and laser defenses long before they can make a difference. Perhaps they are just too small, i don't know.
  7. onesparxy

onesparxy Member

Yeah they need to be a bit worse so aircraft can strafe a little since it takes a lot of micromanagement to allways turn them to the left and around to stop them being shot down since tanks find it incredibly easy to shoot bombers flying directly at them so a bit of strafing automatic would be nice
  8. onesparxy

onesparxy Member

Had that happen once i just went for a cheap nuke base about a million miles away from my original base the idiot hadn't made any Anti nuke, so i ended up only having about 6 buildings left and still winning XD
  9. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

They should increase the health of air so tanks don't oneshot them anymore. The accompanying increase to AA damage would also make them viable against ground instead of being a joke.
  10. onesparxy

onesparxy Member

Yes but T2 air health shouldn't change or maybe a bit since you have to remember it can take out about 10 clumped together tanks with a couple of bombs that's a lot of metal wasted
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

It would be lovely if things intentionally strife the enemy. Especially things like bots and aircraft. When they see enemies, they know enemy range, and will try to wrap around the enemy unit's max range, and if intending to attack maybe wrap around the enemy at their own attack range.

But I see this coming by game release anyway. Like factory assisting factory, giving units orders before they even finish build, or building over reclaim.
  12. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Seems to me if you forgot AA then you are the silly one.
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Why forgot? Might be AA was destroyed with whole 1000 units army and only 50 tanks left. :p
  14. lemonsquid

lemonsquid New Member

yea i didnt realize the game as of this point is a early game mass spam t1 tank game. so rather than thinking out a long term game, all i have to do is mass produce without penalty and i should be good to go for my next fight. Not ranting, just providing my experience so far
  15. doxbox

doxbox Member

"massed tanks"

"10 vs 100"

Where'd you learn to mass units? This is PA; mass tanks is something like 300-1000. Massed air cannot touch that, even if you have 10x as much air.
  16. doxbox

doxbox Member

So I just used the mass-tank strategy that I hate so very much.

I didn't need AA at all. At all.
  17. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Yep, and even regular AA still takes losses against air bombers, whereby mass tanks go completely undamaged since they kill on sight, not just when the rocket eventually hits.

Even more so through the lack of crash damage.
  18. robtotheb

robtotheb New Member

Time for another rant! Just played a game where I had nukes, Adv tanks, air fighters on patrol and a satellite but still lost because the other guy spammed T1 everything all over the map. In the end he sent in 100s of T1 bombers and snipped. It really is just a clickfest. How is multi planet warfare going to improve this? The core game-play is broken (for old timers like me who prefer some strategy in their strategy games!).
  19. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Depending on your definition, the core gameplay isn't broken; the way the player interacts with it through the barebones UI, is.
    PA shouldn't be a 'click-fest'. Unfortunately at the moment we have no other options.
    Last edited: September 15, 2013