I need internet friends.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by peachypony, September 10, 2014.

1. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Derelict 2v2 Commentary (Hardest Map to come back from) - Seriously, watch 2 very even teams play each other and finish with a score of 50-9. Top control in derelict is the strongest form of map control I've found in a video game.

Battle Creek 2v2 Commentary -

Rat Race 2v2 Commentary -
  2. xshammas

xshammas Well-Known Member

3. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I'll check them out. I barely played any H1, never owned the original xbox so my playtime was limited to LANs. I could definitely brush up a bit. I don't think I even played H4. Hopefully there is no button exploiting this time around because I definitely won't be doing it. I'm more interested in custom games and retarded social modes like BTB. Vehicles just make Halo a lot more fun for me. The plethora of game modes in H3 is what I enjoyed.

I'm sure they won't get the playlists 100% sorted out at launch, it will take some time to see what becomes popular.
  4. victorpenningtonrust

victorpenningtonrust Active Member

bro me gamertag es RustCLAN
    add we play
  5. teapot

As far as button exploiting, is that in regards to Halo CE? or the later games? Halo CE actually has some cool ones that aren't as "in your face" as Halo 2's instadeath combos. I'm sure you're less interested in those so I'll put em at the bottom.

Halo 3 BTB was a lot of fun, and most people claim it was the best BTB in the series. I think Halo 2 had the best personally, same with the fun custom games. The ranking system was so hard, and matchmaking was full of cheaters, so in H2 the typical skill level ranged from 32-38 at a high level of play without needing someone to bridge host to prevent getting matched with modders.

The whole point was I was a 34 in Major Clan Match, and a 36 in BTB in Halo 2. These were never considered "competitive matches" but my god were these competitive as hell. It was more fun than competitive but I think you'll find you like it better. Halo 3's BR limited cross map shooting. It's possible but difficult in Halo 2. Maps like Headlong, Terminal, Waterworks, and Relic took so much skill to organize, but then there was a slew of other solid BTB maps. Not a big factor, but one cool thing on Waterworks besides shooting the Stalactites down and killing vehicles is that you can use the wraith to push these huge boxes on the map to block your main and back door, forcing flag caps to run it long through portal.

as far as custom games go ugh... Halo 2 had it great.

The original Zombies! The best form in ANY game. The sword lunge gives them a chance, and playing this map on Foundation is a dream. Players will hide in one room and try to barricade it. No weapons on map so it's a matter of Ammo.

Cat N Mouse - 6 minute matches, 2 teams. 1 team gets two warthogs 1 team gets two wraiths. Warthogs do nothing but drive and stay alive. After 1 minute passes, Wraiths can use their boosts to try and splatter the Warthogs. After 5 minutes pass the Wraiths can fire their cannons too.

Tremors, like the movie - I played this with some MNC people in Halo 4. It was a lot of fun but the way it worked in Halo 2 couldn't be replicated. 2 teams on Coagulation (Blood Gultch) 1 team has 2 players with ghosts, the other can have up to 14 players and start with plasma pistols. The players have to run across Coagulation without getting splattered pick up the enemy flag, and bring it back to their base. The ghosts are not allowed on cliffs, ledges or rocks (similar to the movie) and it creates such a fun gametype. Things like throwing the flag further and being able to slide jump off cliffs made it amazing. The future versions didn't do it justice.

TROY! Finally I can play this again. 8 on 8 on Coagulation. Each team starts with Brute Shots, fires them all straight into the sky. You run to the middle with no ammo and start trying to beat down each other. There's no health so it's 1 hit melee. By the time you make it into the center, all of the brute shots that were fired will be coming down raining onto people. It's supposed to be like the arrow scene in the movie Troy.

Tower of Power - On Accension. No shield Shotguns with teams rushing the big tower. Games often go up to 500 kills or more. There's not much to this other than its a lot of fun.

Hide and Seek on Ivory Tower was pretty dope too. My circle of friends also played a lot of Fiesta FFA King Of The Hill on Midship (random weapons at spawn)
  6. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I meant like the BXR glitch, etc. in H2.

Halo was one of my favorite games for Capture The Flag, can't wait to play that again. I'm assuming they will bring back social playlists hopefully so I can play like a retard because i've only seen ranked playlists in the videos i've watched. It also looks like there are playlists now dedicated to certain versions of Halo.

I think out of all of those, I only played zombies. Most of my experience in custom games was from H3's action sack playlist.
  7. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

Also, Forza Horizon 2 demo is pretty sexy. Doubt anyone on here is into racing games but wow. Looks beautiful, the draw distance is amazing.

Can't wait to get it so I have something else to play besides Trials Fusion. You should come compete with me in Trials, Mr. Teapot :).
  8. thegemicide

thegemicide Active Member

Doubt anyone on here is into racing games.

Wrong!!!!

I have been sim racing since geoff crammonds GP1 days.

Gem
  9. purplescratchy

purplescratchy Well-Known Member

Holy balls... Who would waste their time reading this ****..
  10. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

People interested.
  11. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

I read all of teapots post.
  12. xshammas

13. leov1993

leov1993 Post Master General

He was knighted for those posts.
  14. teapot

I would waste my time reading these if I were you. These are some really fun gametypes you can play on Halo if you plan on getting it. What I wouldn't do is bother watching any of the videos that go over competitive gameplay.

You'll notice I only covered Halo 1 and Halo 2. That's because I find those to be the ones that take a variety of skill, specifically Halo CE. Halo 3 on the other hand is a game that had such a tiny skill gap, and the ceiling for that gap was extremely low. Remember when we played Halo 3? I'm afraid that this is just confusing you, so I'll show you a chart.

[​IMG]

So yeah let's think back to that game if you haven't wiped it from your memory yet. Here we are playing a game that takes such little skill and literally gives bad players a chance to succeed. You sucked horrifically Scratch, no offense.

The gametypes I listed are for all skill levels, even yours! I found a tremors map in Halo 4 and played with Chron, Shammas, Wildman etc and it was a lot of fun despite it being waaaaaaaaaaay worse than the h2 version.
  15. xshammas

That was so much fun with like 12 people.
  16. teapot

Probably some of the most fun I had on H4 honestly. H2 has slide jumping and the fastest movement acceleration in the series. You can sorta juke the ghosts the strafe is so good, but it's the combination of rocks and steep ledges on that map that make it incredibly fun. Whenever theres more than 8 people it's always a real close game.

You're not getting the Xbox one anytime soon right?
  17. feedle

feedle Post Master General

I wish there was a dislike button for that comment. It would be checked
  18. peachypony

peachypony Active Member

I've only made 1 friend since creating this thread :(.
  19. notgunkedcontrol

notgunkedcontrol Post Master General

But look at all the comments! Pages of them!
  20. lolmontoya

lolmontoya Active Member

Destiny has some maps where it is ducking difficult to make a comeback on when the other team has map control COUGH Blind Watch COUGH.