I hope its quite because the alpha is almost ready

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Timevans999, April 15, 2013.

1. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

wait, what?
  2. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

okay not everyone, most people :p

You saw the last livestream, most people didn't understand anything that was said, it made them ask stupid questions and the uber crew got annoyed. So I assume now Uber will keep things simple and to the point.
  3. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

There is not enough simplicity in the world to satisfy the truly ignorant.

I hope Uber keeps it high(er)-brow and just cuts back on the Q&A. Take questions from the forums, not the Livestream chat.
  4. crseth

crseth Member

This
  5. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We actually found a tool through google that allows people to submit questions and the community can upvote over the course of the stream the best questions. Not certain how we'd integrate that, but it's been something I've been thinking about.

We will start unvoicing people who spam the channel though. Last LiveStream we were already getting a little more serious about it. Ultimately, while I love the service of twitch.tv, it does not allow for very good immediate interaction.

The problem with relying on the forums for questions is the Livestream is.. well. Live. Us reading a forum to answer questions would be HIGH EXCITEMENT for the viewers. ;)

There's no perfect answer yet, but.. we'll get there. Ultimately, we know people are excited and enthusiastic, so it's hard to actually get mad at people. We just will be a little more limiting in what we do answer. For people who want follow up, that will mostly rely on the forums, post LiveStream, honestly. The Q&A will be short and hopefully help to field some of the biggest, most frequent questions. The forums can dig into detail later. Not like we're going anywhere. :)
  6. nanolathe

In terms of grabbing questions garat, I was thinking about someone from Uber plucking out some good "Questions that have been asked and the community has focused on for the last 2 weeks", rather than something "Live" regarding the current steam content.

The Google tool sounds like a good idea, but looking at last weeks steam you'd still get the same 'dumb' questions upvoted because most of the viewers aren't comprehending what you're showing them.

Most viewers were rather slow on the uptake... and there's not a lot you can do about that. I felt you guys were very clear and concise about Flow fields and 'got' what you were saying pretty much instantly. I however seemed to be in the minority and the Livestream Chat, and even the Forum exploded with all this "User-Edited Cost Field" nonsense.

People were focused on what you were doing... not what you were showing them.
    Last edited: April 17, 2013
  7. garat

The problem with that is only a small subset of viewers inhabit the forums. Everyone watching the livestream has questions about what they just saw, and that's generally what they would like answers to. If something's been asked on the forums and we haven't answered it on the forums yet, there's probably a reason: because we're not ready to yet. :)
  8. nanolathe

I guess. Still, a man can dream.
  9. Daddie

Daddie Member

@garat did you beat neutrino already in a PA match?
  10. garat

Quit trying to sneak answers out of us. :)
  11. Daddie

Daddie Member

Quit being too smart for us and our questions :mrgreen:
  12. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Means he lost bad, and he's oh so sour. ;)
  13. garat

You're on the list now as first person to crush in a match. ;-)
  14. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I'd say he's very sour! ;p

Mike
  15. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

Very Very!
  16. asgo

asgo Member

now is still time to hard-code a blacklist into the game of everyone (devs included ;) ) who annoyed you the most over the last months (give them a 90% miss chance or something).
    Let the battle begin... :)
  17. garat

No blacklist. Destruction of someone's army is always the best revenge. ;-)
  18. ToastAndEggs

ToastAndEggs Member

Then if you fail to give us at least, TWO COLOURS of boxes on friday i will slam OVER 9000 asteroids into your army!
  19. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

You don't need a blacklist. Just a community hit list will suffice.
  20. Daddie

Daddie Member

Using a cheatcode?