I don't think I can play this game without a party anymore

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by F5in, December 4, 2010.

1. Ian

Ian New Member

I don't think I can play this game anymore in general. I get kicked from almost every game now. I've lost out on at least 40 or 50 thousand credits today because I've gotten kicked mid-way through games :evil:
  2. JonnyC0mbat

JonnyC0mbat New Member

Hear hear. Very true dude. There are always people who take everything too seriously. A game like this is always better earlier on, when only a few people know about it. As soon as the 1337 posse turns up it goes downhill rapidly. Seen it with many games.

Just stick with it, do as well as YOU can and sod the team. Sometimes you'll end up on a team that actually kills turrets and doesn't just hunt players :D

And have fun people! I love MNC, and I refuse to get drawn into bitching about other players.
  3. AARPS

AARPS New Member

I'll admit I do this constantly since the DLC, but it's always for a reason. I'll die to tickle the money ball or to get a pesky FB out of the way. I realize I'm giving the other team some loot, but I always do it to advance our position and 9 out of 10 times it helps us win the game. Also it's funny to get MVP with negative K/D. (although I'm usually slightly neg, not 3/20+ but 11/14ish.)

Sorry your teammates blew goats, I get those night too. How many times have I muted the mic to yell "What the f*&^ are my teammates doing!?!?!" I once tickled a money ball from mid field for 6 MINUTES and it ended up going back up. 6 Minutes and no one else can finish the thing off?!?

Imma send you a FR, I'm on daily and need a team too.
  4. mute

mute New Member

Pubs arent as bad as they used to be really... more people seem to 'get it' nowadays than before. And honestly,... I enjoy the challenge of trying to carry an entire team, wether they realize it or not, as long as they are making some kind of effort. To me the trick of the pubs is this; you need at least 1 other decent player that knows what the crap to do and when to hit the money ball/kill turrets/etc. As long as you have 1 other decent player on your team and the other 4 on your team are leaving your base, then its all good. They become a good distraction and you can actually make them 'seem' good by map control and getting a ton of assists. ...of course, if you run into a group of people that never do anything but party up, then this whole thing is out the window and the pub is gunna be painful. Nothing against the parties (much), its just the truth.

As long as people are leaving the base (I'll always be going back to it periodically to scope whats going on and take care of the turrets) I dont care if we lose. The most frustrating thing in the world is a pub where not a single player ever leaves the base and just gets rolled on from the begining... ESPECIALLY on Steel Peel. I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to people that the competition is about the bot push and the control of the center. If you lose the center area completely its only a matter of seconds till game over dood. GET OUT OF THE BASE U WUSSIES. heheh...sheesh.

This is why I love support so much anyways.. the whole chess-master thing cannot be under-appreciated. Unfortunately, I'm not playing support as much anymore (=[) and that definitely makes pubs less enjoyable.. but I'm finding Assaults as a good runnerup,.. takes awhile to master all his skills and managing his air movement/firing/etc. but Assault is uber dangerous and great for assists as well.