I Don't Like Fodder - DeadStretch's Tank Guide

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by DeadStretch, December 18, 2010.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yeah Tank v Tank battles can be tricky. The key is to get the other Tank to use his skills first, that way he is out of options. What you want to do is use your Product Grenade (lvl 2) to start the engage. He won't be able to see what it coming making it easier for you to either evade his attacks or attack him while he is off guard. Another good trick is to Lvl 3 Charge him then Railgun grapple. If it doesn't kill him it will create some space and since you have the Railgun out you can shoot at him. You also have a great change of getting a ring out.

If you are playing public matches there really isn't a "garbage build." You could either use endorsements to highlight the Tank's strengths or accent his weakness. Gold Crit + Silver RoF sounds like it would be useful, the Gold Crit. to make the Jet Gun deadly and the RoF for the Railgun. While RoF does work on the Jet Gun it's not enough to use it just for.

When I wrote this guide I barely used the Railgun so Gold Crit. was awesome for my Jet Gun only gameplay, but not since I use both weapons 50/50 I've taking a liking to Gold RoF. Because I barely used, as do you, I too did suck with it so I played a few days only using the Railgun just so I could get used to it. I use it now to both engage in firefights and pick off Pros who are trying to retreat. As for the Gunners they are deadly at mid-range but they move and aim slow while firing. Being a bunny rabbit and using the Railgun will have the Gunner dead, or running, while you barely have a dent in your health.

LaseRazor is hands down Uber's most well balanced map, for all classes. (Except for Sniper :twisted: )
  2. 13ip0lar

13ip0lar New Member

Ok cool I appreciate the tips. So would you say if you barely, as in never use the rail gun, I could forgo RoF all together and replace that with level R2 Armor and not notice the difference. I never thought of it really, or why I have it. I tend to do some damage with it at first, then Charge R3 and Death Blossom. I guess I shouldn't even be using RoF lol. However, it just occurred to me Crit shot doesn't affect DB correct? I do notice it affects your jet gun, but if you pretty much just charge R3 + DB all the time. then it seems a waste of an endorsement right? I think I might try the build you posted. Seems to offer the most versatility. I'm so confused now lol. Oh well, ever since reading this thread I've been doing much better with tank, so something in here helped me lol. I guess I'll just have to tinker around with it a bit. >.<

Btw I ran into you today for a couple rounds. Think the last round you got dc'ed along with everyone else. I joined back and it was me vs a support. You run the clan tag [Hiii], right?

Anyways appreciate the correspondence. Oh before I forget, do you know of, or can you point me in the direction of a general FAQ for endorsements I have a fairly good idea what all of them do, but not the technical details of it. Like I didn't realize gold armor gave you +300hp. I'd be interested in reading up on that various endorsements in more detail. Don't mean to go off topic/hijack, just thought I'd ask. :s
  3. DeadStretch

Yep, that is me with the [Hiii] tag and yeah during the host migration I failed to connect. Sorry didn't notice you in there. :)

Yeah if you very rarely use the Railgun you can forgo the RoF endorsement. Since you said you like to be a Sneaky Ninja Tank you should try out a gold Health Recovery build. It's really good for hit and run tactics and since most players love to chase wounded Tanks ducking behind cover to recover then popping out will send the running pretty quick.

You are correct when you say that Crit. shot does not affect the DB. Also since you like to Charge 3 then DB it would seem obvious Reload Speed would be a good choice for an endorsement but personally I believe the Tank's natural reload speed to be just fine. Be sure to "hover" while you reload though, because that is when the Tank is most vulnerable.

As for the endorsement FAQ there are two really good threads. One is from the XBox perspective, which doesn't have any confirmed values. The second is the PC side which, at the time, took the values straight from the in-game files. Keep in mind that both versions aren't the exact same. In fact due to PC updates that values have changed just a bit.

XBox Endorsement Info - Not only does it give you a bit of info on the endorsement the poster also has recommendations from them for each Pro.

PC Values - You'll have to scroll down a bit. This thread has the numbers for everything.
  4. GUINEAPIGMONSTR

GUINEAPIGMONSTR New Member

I must say I really enjoyed reading this guide, very helpful and very well organised. Would you mind pointing in the direction of other guides you made?
  5. PlumbumTheEpic

PlumbumTheEpic New Member

You ever going to finish the guide, Stretch? It is teh epicz.
  6. DeadStretch

Maybe when we get the XBox DLC I'll update this guide. :lol:
  7. desertfalcon

desertfalcon Active Member