I Don't Like Fodder - DeadStretch's Tank Guide

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by DeadStretch, December 18, 2010.

1. GheP

GheP New Member

Very detailed guide. Loving it so far. Can't wait until you finish sections 2 and 3! :D
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Nice Guide. Mind if I link my guide to yours for close-range tank guide? I would also like for you to link to mine for pc tanks and/or longrange skillspam tank guide.
  3. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

4. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

And yes, I see that Hudson has a skill-spam tank. However, mine is different. I like glass cannon builds (and support them over armor). That's what you could put mine under, glass cannon. I could put yours under bullet-sponge or juggernaut or whatever you like.

Today, a gold armor gunner took my unarmored gunner health down to half, and deploy vs deploy I whipped him, with my gold crits, silver rate, and bronze accuracy. His last sight before death was my power reading on his scouter... it was over 9000!!@!11!@@!!@@11!!2!

Edited for Clarity.
    Last edited: February 23, 2011
  5. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

6. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Really, half an unarmored health bar outlasted his full armored health bar. More bullets of a stronger calibur hit him than did me. Guranteed crits, tighter shot group, higher deploy (damage resistance I believe), just wiped him.
  7. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

MAYBE if single guns and not spun up, MAYBE.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

9. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Deploy doesn't even require a spin. He might have been single I admit though. He switched to gunner once his team started losing. One of those "the moneyball is down, my team sucks, i'm just going to work on positive k/d now" kind of players. Which I do that all the time. Usually to better success...

So, DeadStretch, glass cannon build guide sound worthwhile to link?
  10. DeadStretch

:|
    I gotta read it first...
    :arrow:
  11. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

lolwut?
  12. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

there you go again talking about things you dont know.
  13. DeadStretch

14. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Deploy increases the fire rate without a spin, or it reduces spin time to near-insignificant.

He definitely had a spin though if he dropped my health by half. I definitely didn't have a spin when I killed him near-instant.
  15. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

What spin? Where do you get these terms from?
  16. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

I see where you guys are getting. I edited the original post for clarity.

Deployed gunner VS Deployed gunner. I was gunner too. We were both deployed.

Those are my glass cannon gunner endorsements, not my glass cannon tank ones. Glass cannon tank has gold skill.

Anywho, it is on topic that I did kill 3 gunners as a deployed tank. They were DEFINITELY not prespun though, and turned the corner unsuspectingly. How a team of 3 gunners doesn't kill a tank is pretty bad though, so I don't brag.
  17. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Makes a lot more sense now. "Tanks" for clarifying.
  18. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

that being said, there is still a substantial spinup time for a deployed gunner. dont confuse the added criticals for quicker spinup
  19. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Seems to fire full speed near-instantly for me. At least, I did murder a gunner with a huge health gap after he already engaged me with a spin while deployed.

Might have had spin held subconsciously, but I didn't remember being prespun. I was like "LOLWUT".
  20. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

Yeah, deploy vs deploy, a Crit/RoF Gunner will tear an Armor/Rof Gunner apart QUICK.