Humble Suggestions to improve game experience

Discussion in 'PA: TITANS: General Discussion' started by Overread, October 21, 2015.

1. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

Check this guy out, you 'don't need to teleport a titan'... who are you to say?

Teleporting or dropping an army of titans onto an enemy planet would be a visual treat and an enjoyable part of the game. If nothing else it would make an excellent promotional video.
  2. huangth

huangth Active Member

I feel the dropping titan is a game breaking design which is too overpowered.
    About teleporting titan, the teleporter must be expansive enough.
    And it may be big enough to allow the air unit to pass it.
    But I still don't think it is a good idea, it can totally destroy the barrier between multiple planets.

I believe many players are against teleporting titan.
    And Uber said that they currently have no plan to transfer titan to other planet.
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

and gameplay/balancewise it would be totaly OP and the next boring go to rush play for lategame
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

To be fair, it's not eve the OP nature that makes it kind of a bad idea.

Like, what is the point of engineers if no one ever builds anything but metal extractors out side of their starting positions?

I much prefer to use massive armys of T1 and T2 units to overwhelm the battlefield, and having the AI do such to me is a sight to behold!

Titans just don't hold that same feeling, an army of titans is basically just like zooming in on T1 ants and doxen.
  5. amphok

amphok Member

eh it's not that easy when the planet is well defended, actually it's impossible in some case, those fabbricator fall like flies
  6. huangth

huangth Active Member

You need to use SXX and Helios drop to clear a landing zone, and fabricators should move to the planet later.
    For very small asteroid, it may be really difficult.
    But for most of the planets, you can always use the advanced scout satellite to find a weaker area for invasion.
  7. amphok

amphok Member

i played one game, where a guy was all-in with the defense of his planet, basically umbrella on every single spot, plus anchor everywhere, his defense was so massive, that i have sent one helios to try to invade, and it was one shotted as soon as it landed on the planet lol

well yeah i guess that with 30 helios, you can land, but it look boring in this way to me

the only option would be to build atlas/other titan on every new planet, prior someone take it..... it will be my future strategy

titan rush on every planet
  8. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

.... or you know ... build omegas that take the fire instead of the helios ...
  9. huangth

huangth Active Member

For invading a planet, the best combination is the Helios and SXX.
    The omega is not very good for it.

Helios has highest hp/per metal value for all orbital units.
    And the SXX has highest DPS per metal to the ground.
    If you want to take damage, Helios can do a better job than omega.
    For output damage to the ground, SXX is better, too.
    Omega is mainly designed for clear orbital fighters, other purpose is not so good.

To amphok:
    You always need to sacrifice some units when you are attacking the enemy base.
    I may be wrong, but I feel you are too afraid to lose units.

In my opinion, making 5~6 Helios with 20+ SXX is already enough, you don't need 30+ Helios.
    Once the Helios arrives, send ground force from teleporter to Helios.
    Then the ground units can clear the nearby umbrella in no time.
    About the anchor, they are not a big deal if you get Artemis in your orbital units.

Fully covering a planet by umbrella or anchor takes a long time.
    However, orbital units can gather in a point with very higt density
    which allows you to break the few umbrella under the ground.
    Of course, you will lose some units.
    But your opponent will lose more later.
    Last edited: October 26, 2015
  10. amphok

amphok Member

i was thinking that two helios should link together, and allow you to teleport titan, it would be awesome :D
  11. huangth

huangth Active Member

The hole of Helios is too small, the titan can't pass it.

I also wonder why the Helios can't pull units back to teleporter.
    Currently, Helios can only be the exit rather the entrance.
  12. gmase

gmase Well-Known Member

It's easier to go down than up. For the invasion you can also nuke Normandy before the arrival of the Helios. If they also have anti-nuke all around the planet, they have invested and insane amount of resources.
  13. Overread

Overread New Member

Chances are you'll never hit world with perfect defence of anti-nuke and umbrellas. There will be a gap somewhere or at least a weaker point. If they've got a lot of defences though the best you can do is send in probes and identify the anti-nuke structures.

Then build up a fleet of spaceships and charge in setting them to attack the anti-nuke buildings. Basically they will be taken out by the umbrellas; but hopefully they will take out the anti-nuke structures first. This leaves you a gap from which to bring in your own nukes. Once a landing site is clear its time to bring in the helios to drop large numbers of ground troops with the intent to take out as much as you can on the ground. You want to stagger the helios arriving so that you don't use them all at once otherwise you might lose them all at once; similarly if you've more than one you'll want several portals to load units into.

Taking a world basically means losing a LOT of units to overwhelm defences whilst at the same time mixing in surgical strikes to ensure that you've taken out key structures.

If the enemy is smart you'll enter a phase where they nuke their own world at your invasion point - so ideally you want to keep your units mobile and on the offensive so that any nuke they use is going to take out a chunk of their own army/base as well.

It's for battles like this that I'd really like to see the continue after commander death feature added - because taking a world like that is fun - lengthly yes but fun. But its no fun when your army hits right where the commander is or the AI moves it there - then suddenly what was going to be a huge war ends in seconds when the commander falls to fire. Because its not tough enough to weather a whole army (and it shouldn't be either).

Yes some would hate it; they want to be able to surgically strike en-mass :)P) and take out the commander and end the war; but I feel that the addition of this mode would allow those of us who want a prolonged war to have our fun too.
  14. Overread

Overread New Member

Just to add to my point about taking a heavily defended world - don't forget that there are the ground mobile nuclear weapons. A Helios plus those entering a teleporter and you've basically got a nuclear weapon that can't be taken out by anti-nukes. A very nasty surprise and very hard to counter as you only need to get one or two through to punch a big hole in defences.