How to sniper vs 2 assassins?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by G1deon, January 27, 2011.

1. Mail

Mail New Member

Actually his tone is pretty mellow here, as a whole you're just taking offence at seemingly nothing. Making pointless references to his nationality and claiming his life is online is far more dickish than anything he's said in this "argument". As a whole I don't see much of a problem in the assassin/sniper encounter.
  2. nickeboy

nickeboy New Member

BUT...BUT... HE STARTED IT!
  3. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

grimbar, nickeboy, I really don't care who started it because I'm going to end it - one way or another.

So what has the country he lives in to do with this? Anything special about Germany? Do tell, I'm all ears! :cool:
  4. Cedar Tree

Cedar Tree New Member

Sorry to interrupt, but what the hell is a "Yomi layer"?
  5. nickeboy

nickeboy New Member

Funny how everyone took it as an insult when I mentioned Germany. I'm only mentioning it because of an earlier thread, where I playfully said I can't stand the German language due to being forced to study it for five years. Grimbar seemed to take it pretty seriously and responded with something about the English language being of German origin. So no, there is nothing special about Germany. Hell, I'm Finnish, it's not like I can afford to mock other countries.

But yeah, good call. Two nerds taking things too seriously and clashing on forums can get ugly. Sorry for the.. err, inconvenience?

Edit:

Yomi Layer 0 - The initial play and/or plan (Player A)
    Yomi Layer 1 - The opposing counter to the play (Player B)
    Yomi Layer 2 - The answer to the counter (Player A)
    Yomi Layer 3 - A counter to the counter from Layer 2 (Player B)

and so on.
  6. Col_Jessep

I think that's probably something we can agree on. The German language is a mess after the 'reform' a few years back. It's not like we needed MOAR rules... :evil:
  7. Mail

Mail New Member

The english language was cobbled together by two drunks with a muddy german dictionary...

And somehow it works.
  8. nickeboy

nickeboy New Member

As I mentioned in the other thread, all I learned during those 5 years was "Ich habe ein panzerwagen in meine lederhosen." :(
  9. Col_Jessep

Fixed.
    And I would highly recommend not to use that sentence when you meet a German girl that you like.... ;)
  10. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

Wow, I just found the recipe for a flamewar on these forums!

*Note to self*
    Don't... Mention... Either... of... these .. two..... classes: Asssssassins... or ...ssssnipers.

Seriously whenever they get mentioned in any way, things get hefty! :lol:
  11. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Maaaan, remember when assassins complained about snipers, ice traps, and grapple 2?

Good times man. Good times.
  12. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

2 Assassins 1 Sniper.

Damn that boy got a head full of crazy! But he sure can get laid. ;)
  13. Smaz

Smaz New Member

lol! that made me laugh :)
  14. Dark_Reaper115

Dark_Reaper115 New Member

I had the same problem today...
    but I managed to kill those 2 little punks with my ice traps, flac 2 and my favorite: grapple 3 and SMG grapple ^^

Also...I always mic spam HECK YEAH everytime I get a SMG grapple kill. ^_^ :lol:
  15. G1deon

G1deon New Member

Okai, i wanna my money back ffs. 1/2 times per week i tryin to play this game and every fokken time its make me rage.
    Why someone who FROZEN in trap still can grapple? How traps can help against assassins? I cant see frozen cloaked assassin, but assassin still can grapple me.
    After 1/2 games per week i feel myself like a faggot in jail: assassin can **** me in face, from behing, in any positions and nothing i can do. Give me my money and nerve cells back.
  16. grimbar

grimbar New Member

You should know better than that G1deon, assassins are not invisible and don't stand near to your traps.

Also be constantly on the move.
  17. G1deon

G1deon New Member

As sniper: aim to head, move, place trap, listen the sound.
    As assassin: press button to frag.

<3 the "balance"
  18. grimbar

grimbar New Member

As if the assassin doesn't need to move from base to base just to reach you, as if the assassin doesn't need to get to you some way or another to get in your behind or to pull off lungegrapple.

There are countless ways to counter assassins. It's about adapting and learning to counter it, your TF2 Sniper career doesn't translate (except for raw aim)
  19. [fox]

[fox] New Member

TC - who are you in TF2
  20. G1deon

G1deon New Member