How to dramatically improve the competence of pub supports

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by OfficerFuttBuck, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Why, DesertFalcoN is an example, of course. :roll: There's you some ego stroking.

I am not sure if he is even serious. I am not sure if this forum acct isn't a troll acct of someone else. I am not even sure why I brought any of that up. I shouldn't have even taken this.

So Cron1cle, I play countless times with and against you in and out of privates (you may remember me as that support who didn't stay directly with you at all times while I was on your team on LazorRazor), so am I a respectable? I don't play like a pub, a stomper, or a "farm animal" (how do farm animals play a video game? badly?), and Insoluble Fluff may remember me as support and tank from recent games, so I think I should be a respectable?

Not rly, I don't care whether I am or not.
  2. joker

joker Active Member

i coined respectable meaning anyone willing to come play privates with us, respectable & good are still different at least in my book. turntables had a better showing today than last night, his buddy could use some work though. was nice to have different faces on gunner/assault etc today for most of the games. soon enough we will all play w/e classes and things will get much more interesting.

as far as that lazer razor game miracle was your gunner and yeah u kinda hung him out to dry vs tom always getting leashed :|
  3. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

I was surprised you guys let me play as long as you did.

There were a lot of people talking, but I heard my name many times. I think I pissed someone off. Oops. Lol.

I like being on turntables team. Nice to be healed every once and a while.

Im learning to get better with other classes now so I can be more useful in the future.
  4. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

off topic,

I recently played a game as a pub support on spunky just healing my sh*t and everyone else that headed out into battle. I actually defend the base more than deploy a firebase in the field and deny an area. Who knew building the right turrets and keeping them from getting destroyed can be hard work!

Ended up going 29-1 (some ice-trap spamming sniper).

Know I know how it feels to truly support a team.
  5. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

Thanks to bad experiences, I will never play privates again.
  6. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Care to share what happend?
  7. krunkthuzad

krunkthuzad New Member

Not being perfect and upsetting the people who invited him is my guess. Yep, mad at video games lol.
  8. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Lol, that game of lazorrazor it took me a little time to get stuff set up. I know taking the middle is important, but we usually converge instead of me following already leashed.

Long story short, I wasn't necesarily wrong, but for what was expected I did leave him dry. Had I played another game, I would have known to do nothing but get to him right of the bat, I am a quick learner after all :roll:

I don't see how pubs can not learn anything and constantly play "let's heal my firebase" after seeing others play competently. Do we get the bottom of the barrel when it comes to shooter players? I mean like everyone who doesn't play Cod, Halo, Battlefield, Brink, ect?
  9. joker

joker Active Member

thats such a quitters attitude. a bad experiences usually comes from a bad performance and not being able to take the heat, granted nobody deserves it but usually in the event of a loss its someones fault unless the other team is just THAT much better. you gotta learn to not be a woman about it, get over it, improve your game and prove doubters wrong next time. never playing them again because of a 'bad experience' just proves them right about you.

as far as bottom of the barrel is concerned, i played halo and feel im better from it. if there was one thing to learn there competitively its that you use great teamwork or get run over, period. pubs are one thing meant to just be for kicks, but in terms of 'competitive play' or private matches, you really need good teamwork and good role-play, or you are gonna get run over, especially if the opposing team has a star slayer on gunner or assault
  10. InsolubleFluff

InsolubleFluff New Member

11. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

None of the top players will ever respect anyone that's not in their clique anyway, that's the way every gaming community works; why would this one be any different?
  12. joker

joker Active Member

nobody got along with or cliqued with deadeye or sigmar, but they were respected as very good players by the top players
  13. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

Whatever, it's not as if anything will come of them. I'll do bad again and then not ever be let into privates.
  14. destructamental

destructamental New Member

This thread is hilarious to read.
  15. Mrsubguy

Mrsubguy New Member

I don't see the problem, If your doing bad in privates it's fine because chances are your not alone. Pick up tricks and tips, and possible make new friends, with that kind of attitude i wonder why you picked this game up at all, there is a bigger learning curve than call of duty, so everyone was bad at one point or another your no exception.
  16. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

I picked up the game because it looked fun, and that's what it is to me. I understand that privates are competitive and a way to get better. However, due to the simple fact that people deleted me after privates, despite the fact that I had a good attitude and didn't bitch at all just because I didn't perform up to their level disgusted me. In fact, after Kckzi raged at me in game, I apologized, took full credit for the loss of our team, and asked him to keep inviting me. However, I never got one, and I got deleted from him and Miracle's friends lists. That's why I'm so iffy about it.
  17. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I'll put it this way, Kckzi is my friend, but he's one sore loser, just ignore him when he's made.
  18. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

Fix'd.
  19. Deadpool FTW

Deadpool FTW New Member

Just tell him he takes the game too seriously. That usually fixes it.
  20. teapot

teapot Post Master General

Why would you want some of the players in that cliques respect anyway? You're not missing on much and even when or if you become a part of a clique, they normally just talk trash to each other anyway. Just find other players who aren't dicks if that's the problem..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.