How to dramatically improve the competence of pub supports

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by OfficerFuttBuck, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Make it so supports receive negative juice for trying to overheal firebases past full.
  2. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

it wont change anything. as long as they are overhealing an overhealed firebase, it will not die and will get more kills for them than juice will.
  3. OfficerFuttBuck

Make it so supports receive negative money for trying to overheal firebases past full. (10$ / sec seems appropriate)
  4. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Ur a nimrod.

How 'bout taking a dollar away for each bullet a gunner misses with? How 'bout taking money and juice away from snipers for camping? Maybe assassins should lose money and juice while cloaked.

I play support. Im an unboosted lvl 50 something gapshot that has played support for 99.9% of my mnc career. I understand ur frustration with pub supportz. They are usually awful. That moght not ne why they dont heal u tho. Unless I know u, or ive just seen u do something that proves ur competent, I might give u a passing overheal, but im not holding ur leash. Many times ive supported moron gunners who overextend and put us both in bad positions. If I know ur solid, i'll overheal u allllllll day. Easy juice and an excellent way to rack up assassin kills as they try for grapples.
  5. OfficerFuttBuck

ITT: The lack of understanding jokes.
  6. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

How to actually improve the pub scene:

1) Stop insulting people when they do it wrong and actually explain to them how they should be doing it and why.

2) Completely get rid of the word "try-hard". You insult them for doing it wrong, then you insult them for doing it right?

Note: Not referring specifically to you, FuttBuck. Just most of your friends.
  7. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

lolol not only is immortal unaware that this is a joke, but he is defending supports who do nothing but overheal overhealed firebases.
  8. Undercover_Thudercat

Undercover_Thudercat New Member

lolol not only are we discussing a game that is dead, but we're actually debating about it
  9. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

Naw dude, im defending players who want to play however they see fit. Just cuz I play support doesnt mean I OWE u an overheal, no matter how bad u need one just to compete.

as far as it being a joke, no ******* ****. Like I actually took this topic seriously. im just sick of weak players blaming supports for their crappy play. I kick all kinds of *** as a slow, fat italian with no overheal. If u cant get it done as a gunner withou an overheal, ur playing the wrong class.

Seriously #'s, u and ur girlfriends are still stalking me? "oooh! Ooooh! Immortal made a post! Now to spend a major part of my day coming up with something pointless and stupid to post as a reply". Its too bad that I never run into u ladies online anymore.
  10. vI Snack Iv

vI Snack Iv New Member

Yeah... it's not like the support's job is to support your teammates or anything... that would just be silly.
  11. xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon New Member

Are you mad by any chance?
  12. OfficerFuttBuck

Fix'd
  13. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

next time i hop on mnc (lolnever) i will be sure to play assassin and only face grapple tanks. and as per timestamped posts, i replied just over 30 minutes after you did, so it was much less than the 24 hours that make up a full day.

you did really hurt my feelings however when you pulled the "girlfriend" card. i cant say i have ever heard anyone mention girlfriends on the internet as a form of insult before. clever.

oh, and:

lolol immortal is mad again!
  14. Light My Pyre

Light My Pyre New Member

monpuchi555 is a better support than Immortal303.
  15. LIVE 3RUPI

LIVE 3RUPI New Member

This game has over heal. Was there an update i missed..?
  16. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Wtf you guys? Immortal makes some solid points that are well put. ITT: ofb saying itt and ' can't you tell a joke?' Again. The jokes aren't real funny or worth engaging so why not let the topic move onto something interesting? We get it, you guys all like to troll. I still enjoy the game, i still want to hear an actual coherent thought about it. can't we all just get along?

Itt: not trying to say you exclusively ofb.
  17. joker

joker Active Member

this is clearly a well executed hook line & sinker troll bait thread because if there is anything to be learned its that

1. pubs dont matter
    2. anyone who can walk & chew gum can play support
    3. tom is bade
    4. chief is made that tom is bade
    5. mlgintervention is the best assassin in mnc
    6. miracle = jeff
    7. kckzi is pathetic
    8. skill is an mnc legend
    9. 8 is definitely true, it has just yet to ever be proven
  18. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Sigh. Ok joker.
  19. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

small error:

skill is THE mnc legend.

please get it right next time.
  20. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

All im saying is, if u want an overheal, get someone to play support just for you. Its called a "party".

As far as tom#'s and his dingleberries that always seem to show up after he replies to one of my posts, im not concerned with them. They're like parasites. nothing to contribute, just losers trolling.

just to clarify, I dont babysit my firebase. I have about 8k firebase kills and 12k shotgun kills. I overheal my teammates all the time. I play support, not because I want to overheal **** and waste time and effort on **** teammates. I play support because its the class I can do the most damage with.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.