How to change username?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by lukebombardieri, July 22, 2013.

1. elvisior

elvisior Member

As of when I started playing Titans my username is now 'elvis (1)' .. how do I get rid of the '(1)'? ...

I can see in the pastats chat that others have this problem as well...
    dom314 likes this.
  2. FrequentPilgrim

FrequentPilgrim New Member

I also have a (1) in my name. in Classic i was simply 'Pilgrim' and now im 'Pilgrim(1)'

I'd really like to go back to normal.
  3. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

You can change your display name using the social widget. It is somewhat hard to find. Here is a screenshot.

Attached Files:

Abaddon1 likes this.
  4. FrequentPilgrim

Hi,

Thanks for the helpful reply. I followed your advice and I was able to change my display name. However, I was not able to change my name to Pilgrim. I get a red text message saying "Name is not available." Before Titans came out, I was simply Pilgrim. I would like to continue to simply be Pilgrim if it is at all possible, for consistency (all other players know me by this name). I checked PAstats.com and confirmed no one else is using the name Pilgrim. For now I have set my name to FrequentPilgrim as it matches my Twitch but I'd rather it not have to change. Let me know if there is a way to sort this out. Thanks!

Pilgrim
    Capture.PNG
    Last edited: August 25, 2015
  5. FrequentPilgrim

Also I just noticed that even though I've changed my name it keeps reverting back to Pilgrim (1) every time I leave the game and load it back up. I don't know how I would check it but I imagine this is affecting the way my name is displaying on the leaderboards as well.
  6. bsergent

bsergent Active Member

FWIW I emailed support ages ago and they flat out told me it was impossible. They offered to help me migrate my key to a new properly named account, which of course would be a disaster of confusion. So I said pass.
  7. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Problem is the names keep reverting back to Steam names. I remember in the past that this was an issue as well and it got fixed quite fast back then. Can be the same issue as back then or only slightly different.
  8. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

Well, that is a different issue. I am investigating a few critical bugs, so I can't immediately fix that issue. I'll file the bug and get to it as soon as I can.
    ViolentMind, stuart98 and cwarner7264 like this.
  9. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot man :D Keep up the great work! :)
  10. FrequentPilgrim

It appears to be 2 bugs for myself.

1. Name reverts to previous one after you close the game.

2. Pilgrim is not an available name to choose when changing names despite that it was my name before installing Titans.
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Names with spaces cannot be used.
  12. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Also, PA Stats seems to mess up the name changing process. I couldn't change my name before... but when I disabled PA Stats on PAMM i could change my name fine.
  13. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Were you using Steam to play before Titans? I have the same issues, however, I was using the Uber Launcher to play (I never converted my key to a Steam key). So, since Titans forced me to use Steam to play, now it is reverting to my Steam name as rivii suggested. When I change my Steam Profile name to match my old PA Classic name, UberNet effectively sees that the account name is already taken (by my former UberNet account), and doesn't allow Steam to use that same account name. It's solution for this is to automatically add the "(1)" to the end of the duplicate name to resolve the conflict.

Another issue that I have is that my UberNet account is not linked to my Steam account (I've emailed Support about this, to get them linked, but no answer yet). Since the leaderboards were reset, that isn't an issue, and while the naming conflict is annoying, there is a possible workaround for that (loading up PA Classic and changing that displayname to something different, since I don't plan on using it anymore), however my PA Stats profile will change. However, what bothers me most about being forced to use Steam is that I have lost the use of my Theta Commander! I WANT MY THETA BACK!!!! :(

Can I get my UberNet account linked to my Steam account please? I see that as the only solution to all of these issue.

UberNet account = ViolentMind
    Steam account = ViolentMind_666
    Last edited: August 27, 2015
  14. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

I'm a bit confused. Steam isn't necessary. I have Titans and am completely Steam-free. There was no option for you in PA: Classic to buy PA: Titans? It should pop up automatically, otherwise it would have been in the Armoury. Since you were not linked to Steam, does that mean you bought a separate copy of PA: Titans for full price on Steam?

In any case, it does sound like you have two separate UberID's now. I'm sure Support will fix that for you though. Their answering might take a while though as they are quite overwhelmed with support requests after PA: Titans was released.
  15. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

o_O OK, I feel a little dumb now. :confused: Uber no longer has the Store on their site, and everywhere that you look and click outside of the game, it only advertises and links you to Steam to buy Titans! I never thought to check the Armory in PA Classic! I actually never logged back into classic after Titans came out! So, that is kind of frustrating. However, hopefully you are right, and they can link my account. Thanks.
  16. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, that had me confused for quite a while too. It seems Uber is really pushing Steam for whatever reason. I don't think you can even get PA: Titans as a new player without Steam now.