How much of the AI system will be exposed to modding?

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by swizzlewizzle, October 4, 2014.

1. swizzlewizzle

swizzlewizzle Active Member

So i'm asking because we are going to need to change the AI if we make pretty much any change in the way the game plays. Adding larger nukes, smaller nukes, planetary lasers, larger units, smaller units, etc.. etc.. is all fine and dandy, but if anyone is going to every be able to play our mods outside of multiplayer, the AI is going to need to be decent. Since the current AI system is pretty much specifically designed with the current units in mind, a lack of access to the AI will basically put any sort of decent single player experience out of reach.

AI support is also important because, with the current mod discovery tools, I doubt many people will even be playing most mods, so good luck having fun with yourself and a bunch of AI that have no clue how to do anything with your changes.

:(
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Actually we can edit a lot about the ai already.

We even did so for Statera so it'd use our custom units.

3. swizzlewizzle

This makes me hopeful for the future. Thanks Squishy. So then, does that mean that the AI you guys have working in Statera is much superior to vanilla already? Were you able to fix many of the blindingly bad problems with the current AI?
    Last edited: October 5, 2014
  4. swizzlewizzle

Just tested it out... seems like the answer is... really really no. :(
  5. obiwantoby

obiwantoby New Member

I am hoping for aftermarket AI, smarter better , harder AI. Heck, AI doesn't even know about gas giants yet.
  6. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Make sure to set it to absurd and use a metal heavy map. AI derps out for some reason on low eco maps. :(
  7. swizzlewizzle

Strange it seems like even with an ample amount of metal the AI deeps out and forgets he has half a planet of metal points he could take.