How many people would like the 2D version included?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by pureriffs, October 26, 2012.

1. pureriffs

pureriffs Member

I can’t see how PA will achieve this though. I hope they do don’t get me wrong.
    I loved the fact that with the zoom in supcom you could see anywhere on the map in seconds. With PA you’re going to have to rotate around a planet and then zoom in? Then to zoom back to the previous view by rotating again. You’re going to be constantly rotating planets and zooming in and out unless uber incorporate some awesome mechanic that I cant visualise right now..
  2. holmebrian

holmebrian New Member

we can only hope

i perfer the robinson or the winkel map lay out.
    that way we could have the 2d map layout and not worry about scale as it should be equal.
    who cares if there is no map in the corners also long and lat marks should be easy to implement.

another question though is would we want grid based maps or are long/lat cords fine.
  3. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Agreed. Maybe a 2d map is the solution, maybe there's a better one, but there needs to be some way to view an entire planet with one go, without rotating. Perhaps even an overview mode that shows all specified planets in one view like this . . .
  4. zordon

zordon Member

I don't think its going to be too hard tbh. Planet selection, strat zoom in and out of that, as well as a camera rotate around planet for when you want to quickly look at the other side.
  5. elexis

elexis Member

I tried 2 screens, it just didn't work. The second screen lacks the ui on the first one and given that strat zoom was so quick anyway it was a lot easier to just use one screen.