How Does Everybody Build up so Fast?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by steambirds, August 17, 2014.

1. balsamicninja

balsamicninja Member

[​IMG]
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

indeed, I think they hit 300
    cptconundrum likes this.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

"commands per minute" not "clicks per minute"

Trust me, 60 commands per minute (the measurement UBER use btw) is very very very fast :p

A command issued requires *multiple* inputs (dependent on user interface design) so 60 commands a min equates to as much as 200 classic 'actions' (which simply counts user inputs)...
    cwarner7264 and tatsujb like this.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

OHHhhhhhhhhhh
  5. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Active Member

CPM is a terrible measure for determining player skill, and and even worse metric to design around, except to reduce the needed CPM as much as possible. Let us let this idea die a lonely death.
  6. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Commands are more useful than inputs though as it is counting useful (potentially) outcomes rather than simple clicks or key presses that may do nothing.

Neither are particularly useful on their own. Moderate cpm is really required at the top levels of play though, for example I have seen a player who's macro game was flawless win with 30 cpm against another top (but micro focused) player with more than double that, although that is unusual and 30 cpm still isn't slow. It's useful for aspiring players to have an idea where they need to be speed wise imo.