How do you stay focused to beat a long game?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by sogogi110, May 31, 2016.

1. sogogi110

sogogi110 New Member

Title pretty much says it. Every open world action/adventure or RPG I play takes me over a year to beat. I play for a while to start, doing main missions, side quests, and exploring. Then I lose interest and come back to it a couple months later and do it again. I still haven't beaten Far Cry 4, and my new games keep piling up. If you give me a linear campaign like call of duty or uncharted, I'll beat it in two sessions. The problem is these games that you can put 100 hours into.

Does anyone have tips? Thanks
  2. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I would say to just prioritize what you do in the games and accept that you won't complete every quest available. Open world games lose some of their magic once you get past about 50% completion anyway, because you start to lose the excitement that comes from knowing how much is left out there to explore. This type of game gives you that sense of immersion by making you feel like a small part of a big world, but as you near completion it stops feeling quite so big. Another positive side of playing without the intention of completing the game is that you can start over later on with a new character and experience totally new things.
  3. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Openworld games also lose their magic when you have to walk a billion miles to your next objective,
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

What do you do, you ask? You tube it, you glorious bastard. You tube it.

At least, that's what I do when I play long retro game series. I play on a toaster, and crummy quality, but I do it more for me.