How did you find Planetary Annihilation?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by masterofroflness, October 22, 2013.

1. Tankh

Tankh Member

I think i stumbled upon it on Kickstarter pretty early in. think it was around $200k when I found it, and I instantly backed it. TA was one of the first RTS games I've ever played and I've always loved it.
    PA is only one of two Kickstarter projects I've ever backed (the other is Star Citizen), so I don't just throw money randomly at Kickstarter projects. It has to be special! =)
    stormingkiwi likes this.
  2. evolvexxx

evolvexxx Member

searching the web for supreme commander 3 :p
    tatsujb likes this.
  3. thelowleypineapple

thelowleypineapple Member

for me i saw it featured in steam and was like "WHO THE F*** SELLS A GAME FOR 90 BUCKS" then after watching the trailer and a few of zaphods videos i ended up buying it for said 90 dollars, wish i had found it on kickstarter though
  4. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

Searching the web for TA stuff.. TA is so awesome.
  5. warrenkc

warrenkc Active Member

FAF chatroom in their lobby program.
  6. slappdaddy

slappdaddy New Member

About a year ago I was googling "great RTS games" and all the classics came up. Nothing new. Then I stumbled upon a link from a posting on Steam that talked about PA and kickstarter. Every once in awhile I would check on PA's progress then I spent $70 on 9/1/13 to play and have been playing everyday since :)
  7. comham

comham Active Member

I think my friend (a fellow TA fan) sent me a link to the kickstarter on launch day, and after I picked myself up the floor from collapsing at the awesomeness of the pitch video I pledged and sent further links to the other TA fans I know.
  8. nateious

nateious Active Member

thelowleypineapple likes this.
  9. gab99

gab99 New Member

An astraeus came down from the heavens with a magical unicorn, it slapped me and told me everything I needed to know before being lifted back into the sky to tell others
    thelowleypineapple likes this.
  10. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

BEAUTIFUL
  11. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

Don't remember, but I think was seeing Gyle or TA4Life channel Supporting PA, them the story started.
  12. bradburning

bradburning Active Member

I first saw it on kickstart while browsing hoping to see a good RTS, funnily enough I was not interested at first with my preferred RTSs in the past having been CoH and SC. After talking with some friends and they where keen and wanted to play supcom. So we got together for a lan and played I some what enjoyed it but with the idea uber had for the game style on got me keen!!!
  13. ailosacath

ailosacath New Member

One of my Total Annihilation buddys pointed me at the kickstarter,

Went to check the site straight away,

bin trigger happy to start pingponging mooons around ever since >^.^<
  14. killzone5017002

killzone5017002 Active Member

I saw it on steam for 90 dollars and I though "WHAT!" I did my research and I did not bomb reviews or anything and I came to find out this is my favorite game.
  15. rabidimperialguard

rabidimperialguard New Member

I learned about it at the beginning of the Kickstarter campaign when it popped up in /r/games on Reddit, I backed it almost immediately when I found out who was working on it.
  16. nobrains

nobrains Member

brianpurkiss likes this.
  17. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

I was listening to music from Red Alert 2(Still probably my favorite RTS ever), and a video for a trailer of PA was in the "recommended videos" or whatever it is, so I watched it out of curiosity.

Then I was here.
  18. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

YEAH RED ALERT 2!!!!
  19. slywynsam

slywynsam Active Member

Hell March(RA2 version) is one of the best videogame music pieces in history(Up there with Halo 3's main theme, the Dishonored Drunken Whaler song, among others).
  20. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

What about ta soundtrack!???