Hotfix Build 83796 with Release Build 82834 is live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, June 10, 2015.

1. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

Not sure how this post helps get the problem solved in any way. ie don't abuse the people who are trying to help.

Logs have always been available BUT logging of lobbyIds was added only in recent builds to help with debugging another issue just prior to 82834 and the steam sale.

The main thing we want to check is that your missing games over the last 30 days are watchable via direct lobbyId (ie they exist but were not parsed correctly) OR were they not saved at all.

That's good data for Uber and I can compare with my missing replays issue ;-)
  2. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

I wasn't abusing anyone. I love how people are so quick to protect their precious Uber from any criticism. LOL
  3. mikeyh

It's not about protecting Uber from any criticism, it's just common sense.

Maybe focus on providing the lobbyIds so there is some test data... that's a better use of everyones time.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

pls
    g0hstreaper likes this.
  5. Planktum

I was focusing on the LobbyIDs, and at the time Uber couldn't provide me with a simple way to obtain them.

@forrestthewoods already has people looking into this for me.
  6. mikeyh

Still waiting on those lobbyIds...
    websterx01 likes this.
  7. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I would find myself more inclined to call you out because most of your posts are negative and troll like. A few weeks ago I noticed your negativity but checked you post history. Realised then you weren't a troll and that you have just fell
    Outta love due to frustration like many of us posters have.

But I like your drama, the forums needs it as when the post and thread banhammer was out we lost the popcorn threads.
    Planktum likes this.
  8. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

As an aside, the easiest way in Windows is pressing <WinKey>+R, and typing %LOCALAPPDATA% I find. It seems to be the least confusing way for players to get to the logs (or mods for that matter).
  9. Planktum

I have a love hate relationship with PA. Sometimes I let my frustrations get there better of me, but I also give praise where and when it's due. Some advice to everybody on the forum... Take my posts with a grain of salt! I don't take part in any other game forums, just this one, because PA is the best RTS ever made and I'm passionate about the game. Yes, it's the BEST RTS EVER MADE but it still has a lot of problems, and I will call Uber out on them when I believe it is necessary.
    warrenkc likes this.
  10. mikeyh

Channel your passion then maybe focus more on the love and a bit less on the hate part of that relationship ;-)

AND still waiting for those lobbyIds...
    websterx01 likes this.
  11. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Actually the easiest way is to press <WinKey>+e and pasting in the full path
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log
    into the explorer like this:
    [​IMG]
    Then enter and you're there.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  12. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Can we randomise spawns between players? Right now slot 1 gets the same spawns each time. This is especially a problem for AI games where you will now know where the AI started because it'll started in the same spot every time according to its slot.
  13. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I'd like that to be an option, as you may *want* to play specific spawns in other scenarios.
    proeleert likes this.
  14. mikeyh

It has to be an option to avoid breaking existing maps with custom landing zones.
  15. theiban

theiban Member

I updated the game and installed Can Build but I experienced same issue in 1 game yesterday (automatic building option wasnt in the menu), I played some other games without any problem
  16. mikeyh

What factory type?
  17. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Picking up combat fab with transport while it is repairing something causes it to drain metal infinitely from infinite range.
  18. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Does the thing it's repairing still get repaired (that would be such an awesome exploit, 100 infinite range combat fabbers repairing the commander with entire economy)..?
  19. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Wouldn't know. the building it was originally targeting was not later damaged.
    cdrkf likes this.
  20. wondible

wondible Post Master General

Lab testing says no.
    cdrkf likes this.