Hotfix Build 83796 with Release Build 82834 is live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, June 10, 2015.

1. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

If you are using PAStats, then you can get the Lobby ID of the game using the link on the PAStats game page "(Launch Replay in PA)". Once you strip the Lobby ID of the game out of that link, then you can paste it in the Replay page search bar. The game doesn't always show up in the list there after you put in the Lobby ID filter, but if the "Watch Replay" button turns white, then you can click it and watch the replay.

Hope that helps.
  2. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

What part of my OP did you not understand?

"PAStats... causes more problems than it's worth"

And that really isn't a solution to the buggy mess which we currently call PA.
  3. crizmess

crizmess Well-Known Member

Oh, and I thought you were going to report some serious bugs...
  4. Planktum

You are correct, they aren't game changing bugs however they have been around for a very long time and considering all they have achieved with the game already, why have they not been fixed yet. The only logical answer to this question is that they have only one person working maybe one or two hours per week on PA, while everyone else has moved onto other projects. The game has been on sale multiple times (recently 85% off) so you would expect these minor issues to be fixed by now.

Now let's move onto the game changing bugs shall we...

#1. A nuke disappearing as soon as it's finished building.

#2. All my orbital units caught in orbit around (flying around) the enemy planet meaning I can do nothing to stop the planet smashing.

#3. Astreus unable to unload fabber

If you actually read my post you would have noticed I said "not to mention the server performance". I was trying to highlight the issue of minor bugs which still haven't been fixed this long after " official release ".
  5. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

That person has to be the most awesome developer ever born, judging by how much work he does.
  6. Planktum

You know what I mean...
    The game was released September 5th, 2014 and has been sold on Steam for less than $10 multiple times. Do you really think bugs of this nature are acceptable for a game which was released 9 months ago?

Like seriously....
    "Fix to the Galactic War intro video not playing." Is this really more important than the bugs I have highlighted? Doesn't everyone just skip the intro video anyway?
  7. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

I think ^ is easier to fix then the bugs you stated
    Remy561 likes this.
  8. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

That build was aimed at updating the galactic war, so yeah you could expect everything about it to work, especially if it is a simple fix. And I agree that many bugs should have been fixed earlier, but at that time many more other bugs had a higher prioritisation. So yeah they are constantly fixing bugs, but small aesthetic bugs like wings in ground or animation bug are bugs that don't really break anything, it just looks weird. Just consider the amount of work that has gone into fixing the pathfinding or improving the AI every build.

On the positive side, now almost all missing features are implemented, Uber might choose to do a few months of bugfixing since no new known big feature is coming anymore except for asteroids.
    ViolentMind likes this.
  9. andrehsu

andrehsu Active Member

Arent the wings supposed to fold up
  10. gamingoceano

gamingoceano New Member

Is there any way to fix the problem (on steam) whit the PlayFab not abel to connect thing?
    Last edited: June 22, 2015
  11. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

I don't know if this is just me, but I was experiencing lots of lag yesterday when play an AI match, my game did not have that many units running around and the game was running at 30 FPS so I am not sure what the problem was.

models would just freeze, but the animation would keep going, then warp to where they were going, the game got really choppy, but it was not the FPS, that stayed at a steady 25-30 FPS.
  12. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That really sounds like network lag. So your network connection to Uber's servers was just poor. That usually goes away on its own.

Unless you are playing on the local server, in which case it may be the dreaded ASUS GameFirst III software messing stuff up again.
  13. DeathByDenim

Are you sure it's not your firewall blocking PA from accessing the Internet? Try disabling your firewall completely and see if the problems persists.
  14. KnavishPlum

I am going to assume this was a poor connection as this was the first time that ever happened, as most games are smooth. I don't play any local so, it must be the server connection.
    DeathByDenim likes this.
  15. n00n

n00n Active Member

To clarify this is when loading up a replay not during/after a match. I've seen the former issue also affects windows in a stream so it's not Linux only.
  16. KnavishPlum

Ok, This weird lag problem is not going away, it has happened every time I play a game and is happening non stop, it is getting hard to play because everything freezes, then starts up, then freezes again. I swear it when I say I am not play locally, I am on Uber servers. I have exited the game many times, even restarted my computer, but I have no clue what the problem is. Here is a picture of the server thing when doing CTRL+P

http://postimg.org/image/tkgaxtwtx/2177742e/

Just click on the picture when you get to the site, this is my first time uploading a picture, so there may be some mistakes.
  17. DeathByDenim

Yeah, that's fine. Server should be at 1 fps (and sim at 10 fps). It's really your connection to the Uber servers that's being interfered with. As a test, you can try turning the local server on and you'll see that the jumping behaviour will go away.

You can also try playing with your region settings (Settings -> Server -> Server). Try EU or US and see if that makes a difference. Maybe it's accidentally set to Australia. :)

By the way, the link you put there is the administrative link, which means I can delete the picture. You'll want to copy the direct link instead. (And you can use the image icon in this forum (next to the smiley) to embed it in your post.)
  18. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

What I understood is that you didn't know how to retrieve the Lobby ID to completely document the bugs that you were experiencing in your games, and I was merely trying to be helpful and give you one way to obtain it. I wasn't trying to suggest that you should use PAStats for anything else, if you don't think that it's worth it. I understand that you are frustrated by the bugs, but there is no need to speak down to people that are just trying to help you. If you really don't like the game then why do you play it? Incessantly bitching about how bad things are isn't going to inspire the devs to fix anything. Documenting things properly and objectively will, because that's actually helpful. They have fixed almost everything that I have documented as a result.
    bastianforge and cdrkf like this.
  19. Planktum

"What I understood is that you didn't know how to retrieve the Lobby ID"
    You told me to use PAStats to retrieve the Lobby ID, even though I had already said "the only other way to track games (LobbyID) is by using a Mod (PAStats)". So I don't see how you were " just trying to help you"? You didn't help me at all. Just stated what I already knew.

Who said I didn't like the game? I'm frustrated by the game. They are two different things.
  20. KnavishPlum

Oh, I did not know how to get the picture to work, I have to find an easier site to use, this was my first try in putting up a picture so, there was bound to be a mistake.

Now, with the Uber servers, is that something happening on my side or on Ubers side?