Hotfix Build 83796 with Release Build 82834 is live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mkrater, June 10, 2015.

1. forerunnerdidact

forerunnerdidact New Member

I've got an issue where my current active GW would not do anything, and when creating a new GW, the 'Go To War' button stays grayed out. Anyone else having this issue?
  2. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Do you have any mods running?
  3. forerunnerdidact

not that I remember installing, but its been awhile. How would I go about checking for that?
  4. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Running the game with --nomods in launch options ;)
  5. forerunnerdidact

1, I uninstalled and re-installed PA, same problem.
    2, 'Launch Options'. I have the game via steam, when I hit play the game starts, I do not have any launch options that I can see.
  6. Remy561

Mods don't install themselves in the PA directory, so reinstalling has no effect. To set launch options on steam you can rightclick the game, select properties and in the general tab you can find 'set launch options'. Then simply add --nomods there and the game should run without loading any mod that might be hiding on your computer :)

PS: don't forget the second - so --nomods

If mods are the problem, you can try to update or delete them via PAMM or go to C:\Users\Remy\AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\mods and delete all mods inside the mod folder. Here 'Remy' stands for my windows account ofcourse and should be replaced with your name ;)
    Last edited: June 10, 2015
    jables likes this.
  7. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I have a fix. Thanks for reporting this.
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

The time war will be a mod however!
  9. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Some bugs
    - Opponent disconnect splash appears and persists after game end when they disconnect. Fixed if you f5 refresh
    - Metal income does not update if you set vision to only one player
  10. quantics

quantics New Member

GW bugs:

Bionic commander loadout + commander engine tech + commander combat tech makes the commander so fast he bugs out and sometimes gets stuck in terrain, spins in circles repeatedly, or warps around. Also doing all the commander buffs is pretty broken strong- I'm clearing games repeatedly sub 4min on absurd difficulty.

I crashed when I sent the commander across the globe from the opposite side, as opposed to moving him in shorter increments. Attached

Attached Files:

11. Remy561

Notes with timestamps in original post: https://forums.uberent.com/threads/pte-build-82821-pte-is-up-now.68951/page-4#post-1089956

Is @tvinita working on balancing things out? :)
  12. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

When sandbox is enabled it does not show in the server browser (and it's often missed in the game lobby by new players).

The TitleData.cheat_config.cheat_flags are all false in the games feed which means cheats_enabled is false in the server browser.

Might be useful to add sandbox to the TitleData or at least update cheat_flags.

Below is my wish list for game data...

It would be really helpful if the following were added to the TitleData in the games feed for each system:
    • description: system.description ? system.description : '' (used in community maps)
    • creator: system.creator ? system.creator : '' (used in community maps)
    • mods with an expanded mod info: (not just display names)
      • name (display_name)
      • description
      • author
      • version
    and the following for each planet:
    • customCsgCount : system.planet.planetCSG && system.planet.planetCSG.length
    • customMetalCount: system.planet.metal_spots && system.planet.metal_spots.length
    • customLandingCount: system.planet.landing_zones && (_.isArray( system.planet.landing_zones ) ? system.planet.landing_zones.length : system.planet.landing_zones.list.length )
    processGameBeacon in server_browser.js would need to be updated to include the following for each system:
    • description
    • creator
    • mods with expanded mod info
    and the following for each planet:
    • metalDensity (currently missing)
    • metalClusters (currently missing)
    • customCsgCount
    • customMetalCount
    • customLandingCount
    The extra info can be used to expand the details pane. eg hovers on the server mod names showing author, version and description.

If you can make the data available I would add the user interface to Faster Server Browser.
    proeleert likes this.
  13. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The difficulty difference between relentless and absurd is ridiculous. I can't lose relentless, I start a war and I'm going to win. Then I change to absurd and it's 50/50 at best as to whether I'll make it beyond the first planet, and that has little to do with my skill and more to do with what tech I get and what the spawns are like. Low metal spawn with distribution focused on the other side of the planet? May as well restart the war immediately.

It wouldn't be so bad if there was information at the meta level that allowed me to avoid this, but beyond the number of planets you're going to blind. Size? Dunno. Number of commanders? Dunno. Terrain layout? Dunno. Water to land ratio? Dunno. Spawns? Dunno.
  14. theiban

theiban Member

Dear PA builders: this last update has been a disaster. When I try to host my menu to chose system is bugged, it doesnt work, and some times the building menu in the factories has lost some options, as the automatic buildind and energy ON/OFF, and when it occurs the bug is only in some factories, so it is so curious.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

did you try to disable old mods?
  16. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

When I play single skirmishes against AI, sometimes my Naval Factories do not offer me the option of single/continuous loop production. The menu item just doesn't show on the right-hand side of the screen.

When it happens again, I'll try to get a screen shot. I've deleted most of the mods I had and am up to date on the remainder.
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. mikeyh

The missing build options were reported in PTE as the canBuild: 0 issue and not fully fixed in this release.

One or more F5 refreshes will usually fix but it can slow your opening game.

I'll post a quick fix mod soon.
  18. wondible

wondible Post Master General

The factory delay change made a pretty noticeable difference in relentless for me, although my game with it did have pretty poor early tech. Possibly says more about me than the game ;^)
  19. mikeyh

Can Build Factory Fix for 82834 is now available on PAMM.
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

[BUG]
    Well, here is something odd. I started a new galactic war and everything is going along nicely. During one of the battles, I save and quit PA. Upon reloading the galactic war and pressing the [CONTINUE] button, the game loads as if it's loading a replay. So I'm at the end of the replay and nothing is moving. I've done this twice now.

A workaround I have found is to rewind the replay a tiny bit until the Play From Here button lights up and start playing from there. If I win, then it is correctly regarded as a victory.

This is on Linux without the hard core option enabled.