Hotfix Build 82369 now live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, May 29, 2015.

1. whisperr

whisperr Member

Yesterday I played a 4 hour long game (release build 82293) against two AI (absurd, Team Armies) on PAX Prime 2014. Oh man I love the new AI. It's really tough. It's building halleys, sending units through unit cannon ... you really have to fight on multiple fronts. I even had to load 5 minutes back in to the game because it successfully send a moon on my base(!). AI is the best!

Few things I noticed:
    - after loading from ChronoCam, the crater from the moon stayed on the surface of my home planet
    - after I defeated one AI army, some of it's avengers and rockets from orbital launchers were still visible
    - on the winning screen duration time was 40 minutes, on the bottom right corner was aroung 100 minutes
    - AI was building anti-nukes on home planet (lava) but not on the moon or metal planet
    stuart98 and Remy561 like this.
  2. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Looks like the unit selection buttons at the bottom left of the screen are a bit off now. At first I thought it was just off when selecting air units, but then orbital and naval seemed off as well. The unit icons are wrong and the sub-totals are wrong, and when selecting air units only, sometimes nothing shows up at all.

upload_2015-5-31_4-55-34.png
    upload_2015-5-31_4-56-34.png
    upload_2015-5-31_4-57-22.png
    stuart98, jomiz and elodea like this.
  3. startege1

startege1 Active Member

Since the new update I can not play any server mods. Pa crasheds from only in the lobby.
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

It will probably require the mod authors to do an update before the mods will work again...
    FSN1977 likes this.
  5. cdrkf

Combat fabbers can see mines. Once visible all combat units should be able to shoot them. Same thing applies for tanks + skitters as skitters also provide vision of mines.
  6. elodea

elodea Post Master General

All aoe damage can damage mines and any other stuff that happens to be in the splash radius whether visible or not, as well as whether or not the damaged unit is in the valid target layer. For example battleships killing submarines.

Also, all incidental projectiles with flight type ballistic can damage anything they collide with. For example, tanks or dox can kill mines shooting at your own units that are ontop of your mines. Also, grenadiers for example kill pelicans by shooting the units underneath.
  7. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Besides the bugs I've reported earlier i've also noticed that there is lag when the enemy commander explodes. You'll really notice something like this in a big player FFA. Like the server is dying really badly.

bugs I reported from my other post.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    killerkiwijuice, elodea and tunsel11 like this.
  8. tesseracta

tesseracta Active Member

There are also some other problems, for example with nukes.

When you have the enemy units on radar and you move your cursor over to highlight them, it says "Unknown" which is normal. Now, click on a loaded nuke launcher with a nuke on it, and try to launch the nuke using the attack button or right clicking the unit whilst on the radar (make sure the four pointed star/rotated square of the enemy is highlighted) while you have the nuke launcher selected. It doesn't launch the nuke, and those few seconds matter because you might want to get that nuke out of there ASAP (since there might be an enemy force coming in your direction that threatens the existence of yourself or the nuke launcher), and it also causes radar (of all kinds) to be disruptive of nuke warfare.

Not exactly sure that made sense, but if needed I can take time to clarify. It's a bug that really bothers me sometimes (a_lot)... probably more imperative and urgent to fix than to change Unit Cannons so they are place-able on water.
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  9. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

If you are saying that there is a problem where nukes don't launch, then... ThEn!!

I'm doomed.
  10. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Sometimes it doesn't recover.
    Alpha2546 likes this.
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I've only noticed this when I die; when someone else dies it's fine.
  12. whisperr

whisperr Member

One more thing I noticed. AI can send nukes against orbital units.
  13. seekwhencer

seekwhencer New Member

**bad english warning**

Ok. B* for pingtest.net. I said: Battlefield works fine!

Detailed behavior:

I displaying the Framerate with Fraps. If i connect to a game, and if i go to a Place where the action is. A Bunch of units... okay. In Window Mode with nonfocused Window, Fraps show me >100 fps. In a fight it falls to 50 (not exactly) FPS..

Then, when i rotate the System, it lags. And the Framerate increase between 0 and 10 for one or two or more seconds. After these seconds, the Framerate freezes for one or two seconds, then the Framrate jumps to over 120 for one or two seconds and then the framerate is "normal"... but, every two or three seconds, all gfx holds for a half seconds..

unplayable.. other 3d online games are working...

yes, i've installed the latest AMD driver...
  14. lostmekka

lostmekka Member

My guess is that this happens when at least one fabber of the group you are ordering is stuck. And I don't mean pathing stuck, but really stuck. Like between buildings that are too close to each other or a commander that accidentally walked under a building built on shallow water.
    If that is true, there need to be two fixes:

1. Do not let units to be pushed into unpathable terrain when a building starts. (And do not allow units to walk beneath buildings in shallow water)
    2. If a unit accidentally gets stuck anyways, don't let it delete items in the build queue, if there are other units that can build there.

Also there is a slightly related issue; this might be more of a feature request than a bug fix:
    Fabbers mindlessly work through the build queue regardless of how many others share this queue. This becomes a problem when large queues are built with many fabbers, like a large mine field with 20 combat fabbers or building all the mexes on a newly colonized planet with 20 fabbers.
    What happens is that basically a small amount of fabbers are building stuff and the others trail behind because they can't reach the target in time, which is highly ineffective and just looks very silly...
    A better way to do this: if the build power of the group is so high, that one item would be built in under a threshold time, split the fabber group into smaller ones, each one building a subset of the targets in the queue. On the flip side this would mean that there cannot be static build queues, but dynamic target picking from a pool of targets to build.
    The threshold time could be set hard, changeable with a settings slider or calculated dynamically out of such values as the number of buildings in the queue and the average distance between them.
    This approach would also enable fabbers to re-order things so that they do not need to build stuff in such a silly ordering. (See mine fields again as an example: They build weird lines first instead of what is near them)
  15. cdrkf

There are a number of programs that interfere with pa that can cause this... Mao afterburner caused this on my machine, uninstalling it fixed the problem.

@DeathByDenim can probably tell you more on what to look for. Also I think the steam overlay can cause these issues too.
  16. seekwhencer

seekwhencer New Member

Solution for the Lag after the latest Update:

I tried to update my AMD drivers. But it lags. Then i uninstalled all AMD gfx drivers and installed again.

Now it works.
    zihuatanejo likes this.
  17. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Have you tried posting in the Support forum?

EDIT: I see in your last post you got it working by reinstalling AMD driver. Yay!
  18. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I'll look into it.
    doud, whisperr and DeathByDenim like this.
  19. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Since not very many people go to the modding sub forum...

We are looking for some extra help to create a huge faction for PA. There will likely be over 50 new units (would be 100 if we made a copy of every unit, which is possible but not without more peeps) and so far we have about 10 done, but not rigged nor textured. It would be great if we could get some more horsepower!
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/looking-for-help-unannounced-faction.68626/

Thanks for reading this advertisement. The forum rules say stuff about advertising for other things, but not for PA itself xD

i just wanna create hype

EDIT: that thread might seem old and we're doing this now because the summer is here and all of us can make some major progress!
    Last edited: June 1, 2015
  20. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

@jables (probably still away) @masterdigital

I'm trying to track down an issue where the following occurs:
    • 1 or more players (sometimes most of them) do not spawn into the game
    • players who do spawn can't build anything
    • lobby json info looks corrupted on server
    What was the cause of the disconnect issues? By any chance was it corrupted JSON data structures?