Hotfix Build 82369 now live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, May 29, 2015.

1. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I've never heard of this problem on an Nvidia card before. very strange.

Still, if exterminans' mod doesn't work for you, you can also try the AMD Brightness Fix in PAMM, or kill sunlight on terrain altogether with Deep Space. They take a much hackier approach that might work better in some circumstances.
  2. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I had not heard about that bug, but I think I know what is causing it. Thanks for reporting it. I'll try and get that fixed.
  3. masterdigital

masterdigital Uber Alumni

I just fixed it. It will be part of the latest GW polish pass. I am not sure how quickly the change will go out.
    stuart98, crizmess, Remy561 and 2 others like this.
  4. wondible

wondible Post Master General

5. ripperx69

ripperx69 New Member

There are not any green dots for the resources on the planets in GW. Also all units are not being tagged.
  6. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Because the PA launcher tracks what files need to be downloaded in "packages"

if even one file in a package was changed, the whole thing must be redownloaded.

Steam on the other hand tracks it on a per file basis.
    Quitch and tunsel11 like this.
  7. elodea

elodea Post Master General

mines are invincible. You can only kill them with reclaim
  8. davostheblack

davostheblack Well-Known Member

That was RIDICULOUSLY quick; 6 minutes between bug report and fixed!

KuDos to the extreme
  9. jables

jables Uber Employee

Will get it taken care of. You should also be able to kill them with units such as Infernos currently.
    stuart98, zihuatanejo and elodea like this.
  10. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

While it is not a big deal to me, I have Aeson commander, I still think there are many thing that could be inspirations for new ones, examples would be R.O.B, Wall-e, and even R2D2. ( Aeson needs more tank comm friends) :)
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Everyone has Aeson you knavish plum!
    websterx01 likes this.
  12. veep

veep Member

13. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

I meant like "my" commander, like he is the one I always use, he is my favorite. I know he is available to everyone.
  14. jables

jables Uber Employee

Update: Will be working on the server disconnects over the weekend. Currently we know where it is crashing, but it is deep in code that is not ours, so we are debugging to find the exact cause.
    ArchieBuld, ace63, Remy561 and 3 others like this.
  15. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

Just let me guess, it's that use after free, caused by a missing semaphore in the garbage collection of V8? Occurring when a data structure is being handled in native code (I think it's your code, but I haven't looked into that yet) while the garbage collector is running?

I saw that constellation happening multiple times in your crash database. The issue isn't inherit to V8 itself, there's some type of race condition triggered by your own code. I believe there were at least 2 individual threads, in addition to the garbage collector, waiting for semaphores held by the garbage collector at that point. The latter one shouldn't have been possible.

Keep in mind that V8 is NOT threadsafe by default! So it's most likely an issue with locking.

In case it isn't that bug you are hunting right now, never mind.
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  16. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

[​IMG]

If i had an award for the most knowledgeable person on these forums it would go to you :)
    doud likes this.
  17. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

If this is actually the bug, then yes. He may have surpassed our leading experts cola_colin, raevn, and wondible for PA code nerdiness. (Quitch is there too! But he's very specific)
  18. doud

doud Well-Known Member

I suspect @exterminans is not human ... some kind of super AI machine specialized in computer science :D
    tunsel11 and stuart98 like this.
  19. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

I am currently experiencing a bug which has been introduced with the latest patch. Essentially, the client lags completely while the mouse is in motion.

I can make a video of it if that would be useful.
    elodea likes this.
  20. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

either that or he's been watching an obscure American motor sports (involving v8 garbage trucks...)
  21. seekwhencer

seekwhencer New Member

I've got a heavy Lag after the last Update. Lag on a i5, quad, 2.8ghz, 12gb ram, amd radeon hd5700.

The Lag comes only in PA. If i play Battlefield width good gfx setting in a window = no Lag with a Ping under 30. But PA Lags horrible. The System Designer have NO lag.

I think its a Networking Problem. Battlefield works with the latest Gfx Driver without any Problems.

Wtf dudes?