Hotfix build 79600 is live!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, March 12, 2015.

1. Gorbles

Gorbles Post Master General

This is a thing now.
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Nice to see people were just as level headed and patient with SupCom as they have been with PA :p
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Getting a router with either no firewall at all or with a correctly working one.
    Yep the pesky issues that p2p networking creates: Everybody has to be able to connect to everybody, which isn't necessarily easy in the presence of a wild mix of cheap end-customer routers.
    I spent quite some time figuring out how to get my router to accept connections from everybody correctly.
  4. perfectdark

perfectdark Active Member

Well bravo to you. At the time I was studying a degree in IT and I've since been working as an IT professional for 8 years but it was beyond me to figure it out at the time and there was no support available despite it being a known issue.
  5. cdrkf

I never had any issues with this in SupCom- but then I had been playing TA online for some time before that and *trust me* I had to go through a lot of faffing to get that all up and running :p
  6. perfectdark

I had no problem with TA. I used to play against the same bunch of people on MSN games every week. To be honest with you I'm still chasing the rush of the many good games I had back in those days. I don't think we'll ever go back to that type of game as it was too slow for today's market but I'd settle for having some of the maps bought over to encourage a similar play style.
  7. cola_colin

Basically if your router was the typical cheap thing that many ISPs provide you with you were very likely just out of luck. No way to fix them. I was semi lucky, as our router happened to have some options that combined in the right way seemed to work for whatever reason.
  8. perfectdark

Then I was probably **** out of luck as I had a standard BT router like a large proportion of the UK would have had at the time.
  9. cola_colin

Yep. I think for FAF they made a proxy server setup, so if you cannot connect directly it puts a proxy server between you and the person you cannot connect to.
  10. perfectdark

Yeah, I discovered girls in the time it took them to figure that out.
  11. cdrkf

You do know you can still play TA online thanks to it being added into Game Ranger? There's also a patched version that worked with modern Windows available on GOG for about £3.

I was playing a few games the other day against @stuart98 and a couple of others, we should play a game or 2 some time :)
    stuart98 likes this.
  12. tenaciousc

tenaciousc Active Member

You could make your own maps in Supcom1, not in Supcom2. Another of the reasons I hated it.
  13. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

I watched a submarine shoot and kill a plane that landed on a beach with a torpedo.... my mind was blown.
    Alpha2546 and MCXplode like this.
  14. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Good work on fixing the not attack bug I haven't noticed it yet after the fix. For land that is. I havent noticed it with naval like elodea's video but I'll report it if I see it.

Played with the grenadiers and it seems they really like shooting walls. I don't mind shooting the buildings behind the walls but after that it seems they prefer shooting walls instead of shooting actually units taking cover behind those walls. See video below @tvinita

The other bug is the spectator economy tab. Its a big miss when you want to figure out why you lost.

[​IMG]

And ofcourse the ones I told you before though they aren't all bugs.

• The shooting of units is weird. A units never stops as soon as its in shooting range. They'll go in a little closer then what actually is needed. See video below

• You guard a fabricator with two spinners and some tanks. The problem is that if you click on assist the fabber, they'll stray behind it which makes the fabricator still vulnerable. If you select them all then they'll stay in formation however the fabber wil go out the formation as soon as you qued up a mex. Something elegant needs to be found on this cause it takes lots of micro to guard that fabber. See the video below to be more clear

• Your fabricator is building a metal extractor but you put it on hold temporarely. The building still degrades over time. I don't agree with this. You're building should not degrade until the moment that you ordered your fabber to build something else.
    • Holding ctrl click when navigating air was so popular because flying with formations was slow and weird. I've noticed that there has been some work done on it (props for that) however the bug still persists (mainly on big planets with a reasonable sized airforce and a move command far away. See video below

• I don't know if this is intended but fighters can shoot landed planes. Ground units however can't shoot landed air units.
    • If air units destroyed a unit they'll hang.
    • Turrets can shoot through your own factory until the the factory is dead. Then it has to shoot the wreckage.
    • AMD brightness bug. Whatsup with that?
    • cheatmod isn't working
    • Orca's tend to miss. Below happened on a 400 radius planet. The smaller the planet the more they miss (probably something to do with the curve of the planet). It also happens on pacific.
    Remy561 and cola_colin like this.
  15. cola_colin

That doesn't look that bad to me, but it makes me remember some issue where units would not stop shooting at whatever they started shooting at, even if something with a higher priority comes into range. The video looks like that bug in action. Though I might just imagine things ^^
  16. perfectdark

I wouldn't mind a cheeky game but in reality I just want them to improve this game to the point where I can have experiences just as fun. I've got a Playstation 4 sitting in the living room that I've not turned on in the past year so if I found the time to start playing a new game then you better believe it's going to be one that's current.

I think this game will eventually get where I want it to be as the designers seem to have exactly the same goals in mind that I would want them to have, it's just a lot of hard work to get there.
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Yeah I watched it back and it didn't look that bad indeed. Oh well It'll give tvinita his data. :)
  18. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I have a video of a catapult (the (very) old balance) where it launched a missile amd a bomber just happened to get in the way and it exploded. I'm so glad I recorded it.
  19. cdrkf

I think pa is very much on the right track and is already great fun :) I doubt it will ever 'feel' like ta however, and I think it's nice to play it every now and then. I don't think there's any harm remembering good things from the past. The only thing I think many get wrong is clinging to them too tightly.
    proeleert, Remy561 and Quitch like this.
  20. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

Do have to ask though, will there ever be a fix for the Leviathan model not showing up? I know it has to do something with graphics chips, but it really takes away from having naval battle, especially when you zoom out and the leviathan model sticks itself to the enemy commander.
    squishypon3 likes this.