Hotfix build 76557 is live - Unit Cannon Update!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jables, December 18, 2014.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

The ones caused by PA are the ones you recover from the fastest.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

It can take a while to get back into game, especially if you launch using uber launcher as it almost always insists on validating on every game launch.

3 mins is good as it allows a player enough time to relaunch and reconnect. Also it allows sufficient time to restart a router if the connection has gone down.

Frustrating if your waiting however due to the way points work on the ladder I think it's fair to give people a chance.
  3. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Galactic War bug in 76557. In my 8th tech slot I got artillery. It never showed up during the game as available to be built. Even T2 fabbers did't have the option to build it.
  4. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

And it's definitely not an artillery ammo upgrade or something? an Upgrade for artillery, but not the actual unlock itself?
  5. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

Well that is embarrassing! Sure enough I had artillery tech in the discards, and kept the ammunition upgrade. So no bug, ID10T error.
    lokiCML, carn1x and ArchieBuld like this.
  6. iacondios

iacondios Active Member

I've found that multiplayer sim performance has really tanked in this update, compared to the previous stable update. Really gets bad in a hurry with 6+ players. I once had the sim start lagging as early as 10mins into the game, when there were not a whole lot of units. Not sure which aspect in particular is the main culprit, though I've heard from other players in-game that area patrols are very taxing.

Unit cannons are amazing, though!
  7. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

as an ssd user, it takes maybe 30s to restart the game maximum, 3min seems a bit excessive.
  8. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

What about those of us using hdds though?
  9. theseeker2

theseeker2 Well-Known Member

took me about 1.5mins for verification on my hdd, something like that. Does the launcher just check the hashes? Seems a bit slow if it just checks the hashes.