Host Advantage

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Im Hudson, October 7, 2010.

1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I won't play assassin anymore unless I'm host. I don't really care about the grapple timing stuff, it's just that there are a couple things that happen when not host that break the class for me.

1. As non-host, the lunge can become almost unusable. It doesn't stop when it's supposed to, making it impossible to lunge+grapple combo much of the time, and often putting you in bad situations like with the opponent behind you, or off the edge of the map.

2. As non-host, shuriken rate-of-fire is actually slower across multiple clips. If I just keep firing, I see the actual shuriken projectiles lag farther and farther behind my character's firing animation.

Anyway, I feel like the assassin and tank suffer from lag far worse than any other class. Of course anyone will have problems with HUGE lag, but those two can suffer from a very small amount.

While the host does get an advantage in latency, they also get a disadvantage in framerate. The host's machine has to do more processing than anyone else's. If you're host and you try to attack a base with 3 supports hacking turrets and laying down firebases, you're just going to end up watching a slideshow of yourself dying.
  2. Amaranth

Amaranth New Member

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HOST ADVANTAGE. IF THERE IS, IT'S NOT BENEFICIAL. THIS IS WHAT UBER INTENDED. LEARN YOUR CLASS, NOOB!