Hitting the moneyball from the opposite base

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by Jet Magnum, January 28, 2011.

1. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Much easier said than done. The particular Gunner I tried to stop from doing this had pretty much perfected the ability. He seemed to have the angle memorized, and could easily deploy and fire a few mortars off before I could stop him. Not only did he completely shut me down, he kept the Moneyball from going up.
  2. Ian

Ian New Member

To every one of Bro's posts in this thread.... TL;DR

Didn't read a single one. Your walls are not appealing (or punctuated)
  3. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

I didn't have a topic labeled "Spawncamping Deterent Ideas". It was labeled "Spawn Camping Deterrent Idea".

Complete sentence or not, my thoughts can be read without having to read them multiple times.

lrn2correctpeople

Please don't encourage people to fire mortars from their base. I won't go into reasoning because, based on your past posts, it will be a lost cause.
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Excuse the question, I don't play Assassin:
    Can't you just keep firing shurikens at him? One clip will take his lifebar down very far and if I'm not mistaken he can't afford to stay deployed and take a second clip. If needed you could build a custom class with Rof, clip and acc just for that purpose.

But like I said, I don't play Assassin. As Gunner I GTFO if I take a clip shurikens though. ;)
  5. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

I did shuriken him, and he undeployed and ran into the spawn room and went out through the other room. He'd deploy, start again, then run as soon as I found him. I couldn't stop him from constantly shooting one or two mortars at the thing.
  6. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I see your problem...
  7. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

The problem is basically that he seemed to know the exact angle at which he had to aim. I tried this myself and could not find a constant angle for the entirety of the game. So I'm not sure how he managed to pull that off.
  8. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

even if you managed to kill him, he could respawn in, at most, 10 seconds and repeat.
  9. mute

mute New Member

B R O K E N.
  10. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

-> B R O K E N.
  11. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

This is quickly becoming a real issue. It happened twice in games I was in last night. 3 different gunners. Once a Gunner on my team did it on Lazerazor and another time 2 gunners on the other team. These games were about an hour apart. Tom#'s had a team mate doing it on LR as well.