Hit Detection Discussion (Post Patch)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by PohTayToez, October 14, 2010.

1. QuestionMarx

QuestionMarx New Member

I have to agree with him. all I hear is "OMG a bullet that was shot at me hit me!?!?!?!'

I do agree with you guys on the gunner argument. They do way to much damage for WAAAAYYY too little effort. Even if you're half a map away from them they can still destroy you with a few shots. If you're close? Grapple, slam attack with way to much range and stun? Overpowered much? Not like being hit by your bullets doesn't already stop me from moving. They also have mortar shots. Can you say bye to your turrents, from half the map? Or to your health?
  2. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

You sir, clearly do not know how to read. But just for shitz n gigglez, I'll copy my responses to the other thread.

On topic, the only hit detection changes I have noticed are to the minigun and the AR. I have no idea how it actually works, but it just seems like hit boxes have been expanded when laggy, so that you can spray and it hits no problem.
  3. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

And yet, that is a valid argument. Bullets are not 100% accurate; not even close. When a Gunner is hitting me with several bullets from across the map, there's a problem with that.
  4. Himicane

Himicane New Member

He makes a very good point, which is something I have been laughing about for a while. People just need to stop over reacting. Calm down. Let things play out
  5. DonnyD

DonnyD New Member

This confirms the crying is out of control.
    [​IMG]
    The people just need something to B&M about.
  6. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

What are you talking about? If a gunner shoots 10 bullets across map, and 3 of them hit you.. there's a problem with that? To me there's a problem with people complaining about bullets hitting them, especially after an Uber staff member just posted saying you're complaining about nothing.
  7. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Are you 100% certain that some of these issues do not exist or are you simply unaware of them? I for one have noticed a huge improvement in my Tank's Jet Gun and nothing has changed on my end. I have also noticed that the Moneyball is taking excessive damage of late and have seen players decimate it in OT despite the 'claimed' change with the title update. Most of us are certainly not making stuff up just so that we can complain but when a lot of us are noticing the exact same things then there certainly has to be some contributing factor.

Saying that we are complaining about 'changes that don't exist' is a excessive unless you are saying without a doubt that we are all in error. As a developer are you 100% certain that your code is perfect at this point? As a result just monitor the forums as always and see if any of these 'issues' can be isolated more accurately instead of adding more fuel to the flames. Clarification is always good but not when it comes with a claim that certainly cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. We are all just trying to make MNC a better game.
  8. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

oooo, careful there. Questioning if a developer is mistaken or say he is writing off customer complaints a good way to get banned around these parts.
  9. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Uber is well aware that they cannot possibly catch every single issue with their game using internal testing. Most of the changes made in this title update were things that got through their end as often there is no way to accurately test every condition that the users will experience. Making a claim saying that the users are wrong is asking for trouble without knowing the specifics involved with the user's claim. I could easily say my car doesn't work and it could be anything from needing gasoline (my mistake) to a disconnected cable in the ignition (manufaturer's mistake). Claiming that nothing is wrong is a very bold statement to make.

Also, I am always respectful in my posts so I'm not worried about being banned. Perhaps your friend should have thought of that earlier.
  10. TankShadows

TankShadows New Member

Has any one considered taking into account the Placebo Effect? I mean the update just came out a few days ago and everyone automatically assumed hit detection was one of the things being changed not everyone knew the exact specifications (Though I'll admit some of you did) So whose to say that thinking the hit detection has improved hasn't just given you a higher level of positivity in your psyche making you think you're playing better rather then just playing exactly the same.
  11. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

A better way to get banned is to go around saying everyone's going to get banned just because one idiot went too far questioning staff. How many times have you made a post like that Rud? come on now.. Have some common sense.
  12. rudigarmc

rudigarmc New Member

Until I don't need to anymore.
  13. OhGypsy

OhGypsy New Member

it sucks

it actually buffed the minigun
  14. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

No, he confirmed that hit detection was improved, which is what I'm complaining about. And a Gunner shoots 10 bullets in like .2 seconds. When 15 bullets can hit you in the span of a second from across the map, then yes, there's a problem.
  15. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Opinion: The S-Launcher is now a usable weapon against moving targets. :)

Opinion: The Assault Rifle and the minigun seem to do way more damage now. :(

Fact: When I point my gun and fire at someone and my shots hit, their health bar drops. I was so tired of shooting the assassins with my shotgun, watching my bullets impact, and screaming in annoyance as their health bar didn't drop. :)

Fact: I can now grapple pros while they are in the air. Happens to me and I get to do it to others. :(

Fact: 90% of the games I enter now are without lag, as opposed to 50% before patch. This might be due to luck, but it's still an improvement. :)

Fact: My dash skill gets locked sometimes and I can't use it again until I die. :(
  16. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

I've been playing gunner nearly exclusively since the game launched. Everyone told me the hit detection was better but I didn't really think it was different.
  17. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Have you tried long range?
  18. Himicane

Himicane New Member

It is only people who play assassin or sniper that have a problem with the new hit detection. Because those classes have low health. I have read a few snipers that like it because their sniper does better but mainly thats the general consensus of those classes. Not really anyone else has a problem.
  19. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

It's funny. Everyone that prefers gunner doesn't seem to notice the hit detection, but somehow everyone else does.
  20. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Ehh I know plenty of Gunners thanking Uber for the hit detection. A few people I play with started using Gunner regularly because of it.