Hit Detection Discussion (Post Patch)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by PohTayToez, October 14, 2010.

1. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Why what should be good?
    Nobody is angry or "raging" ...at least not me.

You think it is ok for pros to survive a lunge, followed by a backstab?
    The tank...well obviously...but gunners?
    I'm tempted to believe even gold armor assault can as well, and as such will test it.

Again though, This is a hit detection discussion....

I simply stated you are incorrect in assuming such.
    My post made no assumptions. you clearly stated "What you think"

So....why exactly are the bold parts funny?

:roll:

Also, nice double post.
    Last edited: October 15, 2010
  2. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

3. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

From what I have seen so far the grapple range is a bit excessive currently. I have approached Snipers and Assassins caught in my friend's Ice Traps and watched them grapple me from ~6 feet away or so. That being said I simply shotgun them from ~10 feet now.

When playing as a bullet-based class using an automatic weapon I have to say that the Assault is a bit too powerful currently. Given how much money Ringouts earn in addition to their AR simply decimating any Pro I think they are a bit much. Gunners also fall into this category, especially when using an Accuracy/RoF build now. Now would be a great time to slightly increase their spool time, put a range restriction on the minigun and only allow them to damage distant targets when deployed.

Supports are now even stronger than previously and the RoF fix has made them a bit too strong as they can juice faster, spam shotguns (which are downright brutal now) and can become practically invincible when juiced and using the Hurt Gun.

The one thing I can't put my finger on is that now the Moneyball melts even faster than before, especially during OT. I thought that the update was supposed to reduce the OT damage to the moneyball? I'm not sure what is wrong currently but there is something that is making the moneyball lose all of it's health in a matter of seconds currently. Even during regulation I have seen a moneyball go down almost instantly so something is not quite right.

What's funny is that with the new hit detection the Tank is a beast now and the Assassin's shurikens are quite good too, although when compared to the bullet-based automatic weapons they are still lacking.

Overall the update was good but it opened up a whole bunch of new balance issues as a result.
  4. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

You mean my post about ignoring the trolls? Id hardly call that "raging"

Never said a lungegrab should kill anything in this game.
    I do believe however that a lunge (to the back) followed by a backstab grapple should kill anything but a tank.

There you go making assumptions again.
    I guess you know how I think better then I do. :lol:

You seem to think the assassin should not be able to kill pros?

Doesn't matter if we agree or not, we are only derailing the thread so I will not be making further posts here about this matter.
  5. Mastah

Mastah New Member

As a gunner, I haven't noticed a big improvement. (my silver endorsement is Accuracy).

I have played as a tank a lil bit too, and gunners were not such a big threat to me at mid-long range.
  6. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

@hiero

Nice detailed post.
    Must say I'm a bit surprised, as I agree with you 100%
  7. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

So I just got done playing for a good 5 hours. I think now I have enough "experience with the patch" to make any judgments on it.

Gunners are the new Sniper.

I have been getting sniped from all angles. BY A GUNNER. Their accuracy is absolutely ridiculous, and not just from close up. They could be a mile away and in about 0.4 seconds i'm dead every time. I have NEVER had trouble against Gunners before; I laughed at them. Now it's utterly impossible to get anywhere near them. I played with several rank 0-5s who played Gunner and they were actually finishing games with stats like 31-12-3 (actual game. I asked him about it afterward and he said this was his first crossfire game). A level 0 playing his first crossfire game going 31-12-3. That should definitely happen. Wait, no it shouldn't.

Snipers also seem to be benefiting from this new hit detection. I used to be able to run at Snipers through their bullets. Now, I can't even run away from them. I'm sitting on the other side of the map getting sniped. I cloak, start to sprint, and boom, dead. Really? I've never been killed that way before.

Sure, this may be how it was meant to be, but that doesn't make it right. This excessive hit detection needs to be reconsidered.
  8. Hiero Glyph

Hiero Glyph New Member

Yeah, I'm not all bad, I just have a different perspective than yours so although we disagree about some things we can still agree about others. Sometimes finding the best solution involves a bit of both. Hopefully Uber fixes most of these issues in the coming weeks as they seem to be stat related for the most part (yay for TMS).
  9. Mastah

Mastah New Member

That's weird, maybe they're running gold accuracy? I have played for a couple hours or more since the new patch, and I honestly can't notice a huge change on hits... An improvement, yes, but not that big.

Assaults and tanks also seem to really benefit from this new hit detection... But I would not say it has imbalanced things (and that is also said from a tank point of view).

Now from an assassin point of view... Oh well, I have never played those sneaky creatures I have to admit :p
  10. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Nah its not accuracy, I normally only run bronze acc for gunner and even that is not needed to snipe across the map now.
    Play with it some more, try those longer shots.
    I almost felt dirty playing the gunner earlier.
  11. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

This

I also meant that they are, in my opinion, now the most overpowered class. Snipers finally got a much needed nerf (although I swear the knockback is much stronger). However, even without that nerf, I still feel Gunners are FAR too powerful as they stand now, and the most overpowered class.
  12. Mastah

Mastah New Member

I'll give it another try tonight.

But I have really more noticed this improvement on my tank... Or at least I have sucked a little less with him than usual :-D
  13. AssassinsGoneWild

AssassinsGoneWild New Member

Did they really buff the death blosom THAT much? Haven't gotten a chance to play MNC post patch yet, what's your estimate of how much the damage has been increased for a full clip?

EDIT: Oh you're talking about better hit detection... Herp :p
  14. Mastah

Mastah New Member

Yes i was talking about the railgun, loving it now :D
  15. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Knock back definitely isn't any stronger, it's just that before the grapple would often kill so you didn't see the knock back as much.
  16. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Bullets are hitting too well in a shooter! I can't adapt or shoot back skillfully enough! When I get shot and bullets actually register!

Is all I'm seeing
  17. Himicane

Himicane New Member

Yup
  18. mintycrys

mintycrys New Member

Sure is contributing to discussion in here.
  19. Himicane

Himicane New Member

Thanks
  20. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I have to say it's somewhat entertaining watching people argue about changes that don't exist.

Minor clarification - Improved hit detection effected bullet based weapons in laggy games. These changes did not effect projectiles or grapples which are unchanged from the original release apart from grapple miss times being normalized.