Hit Detection Discussion (Post Patch)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by PohTayToez, October 14, 2010.

1. DeadEye

DeadEye New Member

Increased hit detection is awesome for all classes, Gunners just seem to be more affected because they're shooting so many bullets at once(especially if increasing ROF). That just means other classes need to rely more on outshooting or outplaying, rather than challenging.

Personally Assaults have been ripping me up, and support shotties never misfire now.
  2. represent601

represent601 New Member

oh yeah, those shottys are never fun, I dont think we will ever be friends :(
  3. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

After playing much MUCH more with the update.

I can honestly say I no longer want to play this game until the hit detection on grapples is toned down. (imagine that, an assassin wanting grapples nerfed back down)

It is now possible to grab players out of the air and charges with no thought or effort what so ever.

I'm already sick of being grappled from some guy 5-7 feet away who is barely even facing me.

By the same token, I feel it is completely unfair that people have no chance to avoid my grapples.

On top of this, gunners and assaults are now a bit too powerful, I'm killing people and getting killed with the AR from retarded ranges. At close range it utterly melts anything.

The game feels more and more like COD and less like the mnc I was so damn fond of.
  4. TankShadows

TankShadows New Member

One thing I've noticed post patch is that now when I jump into the air or charge at an assassin as a assault or tank if I haven't quite reached them with the charge they grab me and halt my charge from ridiculous ranges and when I jump I end up getting assassinated IN MID AIR. I do believe the grapple range might need to be toned down a bit. As for the AR and the minigun I've noticed quite a difference in the power of those guns they have gotten stronger and I've been able to decimate tanks and gunners with the AR without much juking
  5. Manouso

Manouso New Member

100% Agree
  6. Himicane

Himicane New Member

Just adjust to the game guys. When the NFL changes rules to there game everyone must adjust. Things are not going to go back to pre-update form. So learn how to play with the new settings. And if you are truly skilled they you will rise above. But I honestly think the game play is fine.
    I thought it was good pre update, and thought it was good post update. I learned and evolved.
  7. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Not everything is about skill and epeen.
    The game mechanics no longer work the way uber intended.
  8. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

Just ignore him. DeadEye or Himicane never add to the discussion anyway. You aren't missing out. I'm tired of reading about how "epic pwnor sniper legit 117 uber haxorz" they are.
  9. Himicane

Himicane New Member

Dude do I ever talk about how good I am all the time? I only mentioned that once, pull your head out dude. I've never said anything negative to you but yet you have it in for me.
  10. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Agreed. And as such I will be using the ignore feature for the first time.

Would love to hear what the uber guys think about this.
    I really don't think grabbing people out of the air and charges from extreme ranges was intended.
  11. Himicane

Himicane New Member

I'm not trying to argue with you I'm simply trying to point this out. How do you know it's the way Uber intended the game to play in the first place? When companies launch games on xbl they make changes in the game that they couldn't foresee in the Beta or game testing. It is just the natural progression. Thats why everyone needs to relax about the game play and not overreact. Play with the changes for at least a week before being upset with them.
  12. Himicane

Himicane New Member

You guys are too sensitive.
  13. southsidesox24

southsidesox24 New Member

I think that initial reactions to changes in the Assassin are difficult because you are directly comparing them to how things were pre-patch. Obviously, when comparing the two, you are not going to like the changes, because it will directly negate how you were playing before. For example, if you heavily leaned on the lunge-grapple w/ dagger before the patch, as I know several of the people on this forum were, then you are going to think that Uber came down with a nerf hammer like Gallagher on a pair of sweaty testicles. Give it time, then make an opinion.
  14. Himicane

Himicane New Member

Bold- That's what I have been trying to say Southside, but apparently I'm a jerk for doing so.

Underline- I seriously laughed out loud reading that.
  15. Himicane

Himicane New Member

You feel I don't add to discussions because I don't agree with you. You just need to adapt is all I am saying. If you are good at the game, then changes wont matter because you should be better than the people you're playing.

P.S.- I think deadeye is a nerd. But he makes me laugh because you guys get annoyed by him.
  16. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Don't assume you know what or how people think.

Just played a game with some people, ofc we got split up as always
    Sxd was on the other team playing gunner, me assassin

Using the dagger, I caught him off guard and lunge grappled him from behind
    BACK STAB AFTER A LUNGE TO THE BACK
    He lived.

You think wrong. Nobody is comparing the sin to pre patch.
    The new dagger lunge is fVcking pathetic. Period.

Dunno why you are even posting this here, this discussion is about hit detection, not the assassin.
    Last edited: October 15, 2010
  17. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I've noticed that gunners are pretty hardcore nowadays. My main is Gunner, but I switch between Sniper, Support, and occasionally Tank/Assault when my team needs one, so I haven't had a ton of chances to play my Gunner.

I've noticed as a sniper that Gunners can kill me from massive distances away. Today I found myself having to hide because Gunners in their own base (in Steel Peel) were actually taking me down in my own base before I could finish them off. Needless to say I was surprised.

I then went on to play my Gunner for a game or two, about an hour or so ago.. And I found it much easier to kill people. Aside from the rare good assassin/Assault, I won almost every fight.
  18. Himicane

Himicane New Member

Should people not be rewarded for using gold armor, trade off and counters dude. Gold armor prevent assassinations but screw them over if they fight another gunner who has say a gold rate of fire. It's all balanced.
  19. southsidesox24

Good to know you are keeping an open mind. Tell me why it should be good? Because you play that way? Great argument. Seriously, if you get angry at someone telling you to give it time, you got problems worse than raging about a change to a video game.
  20. southsidesox24

Also, I found the bolded parts funny.