HEY! Get a mic.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by The_Jx4, August 12, 2010.

1. fake

fake New Member

Just mute him. That's what I do anyway.
  2. 31stCenturyMatt

31stCenturyMatt New Member

This. No-mics aren't specific to this game, a great many other games have this too. I'd talk if I had someone else to talk too. So far the only people with mics I've encountered in this game are screaming children and a-holes.

I played with a guy who screamed obscenities into his microphone each and every single time he died. We had the enemy money ball almost destroyed with ours still at full health and he started laying into the rest of us because we weren't winning fast enough for him.

So, as long as using a microphone absolutely saps any enjoyment I get out of this game, no I will not talk, and neither will most people.
  3. fake

fake New Member

Mute. Play with us instead. Looks like the MNC community peeps are giving out their gamertags a lot too, which is helpful.
  4. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Mics are only when you play with friends in a party together. Xbox Live match making was not designed for mics. It was designed for cursing, racism, homophobia, and insults against your mother.
  5. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS

also people complaining about kids with mics ive only had 1 game with a kid in it so far( im level 60) and he communicated fine.

edit: reading this thread has made me realise that most of the ppl that play this game have not had their mic in while playing this game and are afraid that it might be like mw2 chat which it isn't.
  6. fake

fake New Member

qft
  7. PhantomPhoton

PhantomPhoton New Member

A lot of the people on these forums are the ones turning me off my mic. How many threads now have devolved into whining, name calling, or childish behavior?

My mic is for when I'm playing with friends.
  8. fake

fake New Member

Well, right. But just mute those guys. I haven't really had any problems with anyone except randoms so far. Most the MNC community has been decent (in gameplay, if not the forums), in my experience.
  9. Immortal303

Immortal303 New Member

I'll take some of that. Can't stand the "Cursing Douchebag" or the "Shrieking Child", not to mention, "Heavy Breather" and "Having a Conversation With Someone Else Guy". I mute them. I don't talk much, and only run into people talking about 1 out of every 10 matches.

I DO listen though. I play support and I play to win. Communication makes it so much easier to dominate another team. I think most players are playing Crossfire as a Team Deathmatch and missing the point entirely.

So mute the nuisances, and keep talking. Sometimes there's good players who are listening, they just aren't hearing anything worth responding to.
  10. rich merry

rich merry New Member

OK guys my mic is on its final few days, the leads tatty and it keeps cutting out. So what mic would you recommend? wire or wireless? third party or M$ official?
  11. Red Rain

Red Rain New Member

if u care about sound whoring get some fancy third party ones otherwise id just get the cheapest wired microsoft one (so u dont have to worry about battery)