Here's where I rage about pubstomping

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by goathax, February 27, 2011.

1. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Well UberEnt provides some servers - oh wait they use default rules and are pretty busy being full most of the time.
  2. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Uber cannot host servers tailored to everyones needs. In this case, you're kind of like people who whine about the politics, but don't vote.

You have the ability to host or rent your own server.
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

So I am not allowed to play an online video game with my friends?
  4. FatCatAttack

FatCatAttack New Member

As long as you play against them evenly no problem.
  5. Polynomial

Is this serious?
  6. FatCatAttack

FatCatAttack New Member

Shooting your friends in a videogame is still playing with them. How do ya'll stand to play boardgames with your family/friends where only person wins? Instead of Monopoly do you have Collective Workers Paradise? LMAO.
  7. Polynomial

This is a team based game. Its not that fun to play against your friends who are also mixed with other people.
  8. FatCatAttack

FatCatAttack New Member

What!? Since when it isn't fun to kill your friends team or no team? I don't care about thumping some random goober around unless the guy was a major trashtalker. Most players have about as much personality as the robots walking around the field. But wacking friends is hilarious especially if you are able to do it repeatedly and can spam colorful metaphors through steam chat. :cool:
  9. Maktaka

Maktaka New Member

See, there's this funny thing called friendship, and it's usually formed by shared bonds rather than being a jackass to people. Surprisingly, people find it easier to form bonds by enjoying shared victories instead of trying to be superior to others. You know, playing the game WITH them rather than AGAINST them. Crazy idea, I know.
  10. Rynex

Rynex New Member

Haha, because you don't have any.

But really, this is the same thing that goes down with every game. You want to fix this? Make more content that gets the player to realize how to play the game effectively for EACH class (not just assault).
  11. Runie

Runie New Member

I honestly get the feeling that tinygod never tried to play the game in the first place, never tried to improve or learn or anything. So well, good riddance. You're not the first to ragequit and you're not going to be the last. I'll continue to spread the word, play with my friends and help noobs all at the same time.
  12. FatCatAttack

FatCatAttack New Member

Being a jackass to people is when you team stack in a group and "pub stomp." Friendship is also strengthened by friendly rivalries and good natured ribbing.

Look at the Steam forums; there is already a topic on how the population is rapidly dropping. Tinygod is right. The game is heading straight for alienated MMO territory.
  13. Runie

Runie New Member

According to steam stats MNC had a peak of 478 Players at once today. That's not too bad. Certainly more than enough for me to have my pick of whatever server I want to play in.
  14. Polynomial

There is nothing wrong with playing with your friends in a team game.
  15. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

there is if you and your friends are all the best players on the server against a random team

that **** wouldn't fly in any real-life pickup game
  16. Polynomial

There's still nothing wrong with playing with your friends.

Play on a server with team preference off already.
  17. Esham

Esham New Member

its just the nature of pc games. I play solo often but when my friends all get online we like to play together. In games like BC2 there are soo many of us that we can usually fill a side and empty out the server. But by the time that happens we get scrambled to the other team.

At that point things get really fun since you can head hunt for your friends.

In MNC its a much lower player count but it still happens. Either work with your team to beat them or leave and find a new server. But the latter option is a bit ruff with population levels dropping except on weekends.
  18. s0cks

s0cks New Member

I've never come across pub stomping. Maybe it's not prevalent in Australia/NZ. However the player count is definitely on the downslope. I think this quote from the Steam forums sums up what happens to most players:

Plus the fact this game has a learning curve that's more than 10minutes. You certainly can't play it like your average FPS. So people give up and move on. Also where the hell is the marketing for this game? I haven't seen one freaking advertisement or feature article on it. No-one's going to play it if it's not visible.
  19. eternal

eternal New Member

Wasn't it only like 2 weeks ago that MNC had a peak of ~2000?
  20. tinygod

tinygod New Member

exactly