Help

Discussion in 'Mod Discussions' started by bradkill, March 23, 2016.

1. bradkill

bradkill Member

So, I have a couple mods that changes the system editor, Everything works well and good... Until the battle commences, Than the game is nothing but a lagfest and is unplayable - All the AIs have already gotton a good start, and yet im still stuck on it alternating between not responding and responding... It is completly unplayable due to the fact that its just not responding every time i push a button...

The game actully runs fine when really zoomed in on the main max size max mass max height range earth-preset planet with 50 water and temperature at the center of the map.

A little further into the battle (i restarted it with just ais) The game is running fine, But when I pan my camera too fast while zoomed out on goliox, It lags.

It seems that every time goliox appears on screen or a major part that was out of view comes in view, the game lag spikes. Probably to due with the sheer size of the planet, But still this should not be THIS laggy.
    Last edited: March 23, 2016
  2. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Don't play on 16 radius 1300 planets you derp. Your computer can't handle it.
  3. bradkill

bradkill Member

Theres only one 1300 radious planet... Goliox... The very biggest is the gas giant, But it seems that its not causing any lag (2000 radious) Than in second is Goliox, Than in third is the metal planet - Wich is at default metal planet size.
  4. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Third out of 16?
  5. bradkill

bradkill Member

8 planets, 4 asteroids.
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

The Surface Area mod will give you a number for this system in the editor. Mark down that number as "too big"

PA allows unreasonable systems to be created so that in the future with better processors, grander battles will be possible. But it's not the future yet, and just a 1300 planet will bring most computers to their knees.
    stuart98, Nicb1, Heizmeister and 2 others like this.