help mehhhh, need game-play tips

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by startrek64, September 12, 2014.

1. startrek64

startrek64 New Member

Heya guys, have not played properly since back in alpha =/ my pc kinda broke, just upgraded my current and can now run the game again =p

anyway could you guys tell me how to counter the annilazer and give me some gameplay tips?
  2. Geers

Geers Post Master General

The only way to counter the Annihilaser is to stop it from being built.

But no matter how many Annihilasers they have, no matter how many times the demand you wave the white flag, NEVER SURRENDER!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: September 12, 2014
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The annihilaser costs *a ton of resources* to make. So if they can afford to arm it, *you should be able to afford to nuke them* (otherwise you've lost anyway). The 'catalyst' structures die to a single nuke so you can prevent them getting all 5 this way quite easily.

Also if you smash a planet into one of the 5 catalyst spots, the weapon is *disabled permanently* :)
  4. startrek64

startrek64 New Member

ahhh kk thx guys =p
    cdrkf likes this.
  5. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

Prevention is better than cure, make obtaining the death star your priority. If they surround the A laser with anti nukes chances are they will be able to fire before you can smash it with a planet....

you can also use the orbital laser unit for taking out the A laser, provided they don't have much orbital fighters or turrets.

Information is power, If you know what they are building, you will be able to counter it better.
  6. startrek64

startrek64 New Member

trust me, a cure can be better than prevention, I suffer from ibs, I NEED MY CURE

lol completely off topic that =p

anyway thx for your input =p
  7. maxcomander

maxcomander Active Member

But would you not prefer to just not have ibs? (I'm sure my life was better before I developed it :( )
  8. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

The Annihilaser is the ultimate end-game weapon, and as such I would argue that the best way to counter it is to play well in every other respect! If you get the basics down and learn the game, you'll probably never have to worry about it.

Anyway, general gameplay tips:

1) Search for other threads on the forum, there's quite a few. Lots of tips!
    2) Look at videos and replays of people playing. This gives you first person perspective. Some people provide commentary and explain the reasons behind their actions. Elodea has a good 'cookie cutter' build thread and videos which will probably help you.
    3) Focus on PEE - Production, Economy, Expansion ;) The game is all about producing units, building an ecomony to give you the resources for production, and expanding your base/economy for MOAR production! The strategy is in what to build, when to build it, where, why, coming up with brilliant plays and tricks. That will come slowly over time. First of all, get the basics right.
    4) The game does not favour 'turtling' and static point defence (they have their place, but a common mistake is to rely on them too heavily). Focus more on production and having more mobile units than they do.
    5) Scout! Find out where the enemy is, what they are doing, etc. Radar coverage, air control, satellites, etc.