Help Me Mod Again!

Discussion in 'Mod Support' started by thetrophysystem, February 29, 2016.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Okay. So. Bringing a general classic feel of TotalRedux into Titans, same concept of "plays like Vanilla, tastes like Bacon", is running into many problems.

My first problem, which I think I ironed out, is "WTF is a Solar Drone, Kaiju, Nanoswarm, or Tesla Bot?". Just didn't fit into "has a singular role" sort of idea. Eventually found homes for them all.

My second problem, which I think I ironed out, was the game crashed when loading the world after clicking start in the lobby. ****, I must be rusty, because I forgot a comma in Slammer damage file. Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't that used to cause crash either in-game, or cause the unit to be unable to fire instead? Now it crashes on load, great.

My third and current problem, is the game crashing (sim freeze) mid-game, about 12 minutes in all the time. May be bot related as well, can't tell. I distinctly remember the good old days of ol' where this happened to Statera when units got within vision of each other. Dafuq ever caused that? It has been soo long it's lapsed my mind.

My fourth and ongoing problem, is the server/client logs seem to be less useful than they used to be.

Mind you, this is mostly atm, just numbers changes. Most I done, for very few units, were remove weapons, add weapons where none existed, added a single build arm to a unit (not even ingame when tested), and changed around buildability as some things are advanced and some are basic and factories cannot build basic if advanced and such.

EDIT: Actually, the crash log did enlighten me on this one. Frigate apparently no longer has attachment bone for transport. Go figure. Also, only the AI can load things, apparently I made it impossible to load things due to new code allowing transports to scrutinize their target to carry.
    Last edited: February 29, 2016
  2. thetrophysystem

Still getting a sim freeze and crash related to uncovering vision on enemy. Anyone remember how this happened in Statera once before?
  3. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Probably some kind of wrong navigation object in a unit spec? Server freezes are caused by valid, but illogical data.
  4. thetrophysystem

A good start. I literally only messed with references between units/weapons/ammo in like 4 units in total. I will just check them.

Land Scout was one, but I do get errors that it may not be finding the firing bone for it correctly. I believe it was socket_aim and bone_muzzle in the last patch it had a weapon, wasn't it?

It isn't in the game right now, but I gave Nanoswarm a build arm again. Figured it could be a fast amphibious hybrid attacker/repairbot.

I changed all of the commander's weapon references to be in his own folder, including build arm, death weapon, uber cannon, ect. However, all his weapons fire. Haven't killed one yet, but haven't gotten to kill one yet, crash happens first.

Now I wish we actually got work done on a GUI client to mod units. Oh well, the road not taken...
  5. thetrophysystem

Also, I am having trouble testing this when it appears that Cheats: Change Control and Vision are not working when enabled via PAMM. Any reason these stopped working as of late?

EDIT: Still need help with the above, but I did figure out server freezes = bot bomb death. I gave it a death weapon, which apparently misleadingly references the Ammo and not the Weapon. I suppose it makes sense, but still. Anyway, I had changed it to the directory of the ammo now, so now I am going to give all units another one-over in testing.

I hope to eventually get this mod working again, it'd be a shame, after all the modding I have done, to not have a working mod in whatever becomes the latest and longest lasting edition without an update.
    Last edited: March 21, 2016
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

They were replaced by sandbox mode. The old mods may still turn on some UI, but Improved Player Control is better and sniffs the sandbox flag.
  7. thetrophysystem

^That's appreciated.