Help me decide! Two Assault Endorsement builds.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Agrippa, February 11, 2011.

1. Agrippa

Agrippa New Member

So, lately I've been playing the cr*p out of Assault,and I must say I'm doing very,very good.I love the class.However,I'm still unsure about what Endorsement build is overall better:

1-RoF/Armor/Skill > This is what I've been using until yesterday.
    2-Skill/Armor/RoF

I've tried this second build endorsement after watching some of Vampwood's videos and encountering a pretty good assaut that used it in game.I've already tried it myself,and these are the facts:

Skill build 1:Grenade launcher is way more useful,better for pushing,harassing from far away,quickly killing snipers and the hurting moneyball.AR is also deadlier at close ranges.

Skill build 2:Amazing recovery time on Charge 2 and Bomb 3.This one let's you spam bomb SO OFTEN it's not even funny! And also Charge gets a incredibly low cooldown too.

Now i know this is a matter of preference,but I'd like to hear some opinions.Overall, I think the first build is better early game,but once you get Bomb 3,the other one really shines...oh boy does that thing 1 hit and ring out easily at such a low CD.

Your thoughts?
  2. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

My two assault builds are pretty similar

RoF/Armor/Clip

Skills/RoF/Armor

I've started using mostly the skills build because it's so much more dynamic and fun.
  3. amandis

amandis New Member

why bronze armor ? it doesn't save you from assassin front grapples or does it ?

for op

rof - armor - skill recover

seems to be the all round best
  4. xS m o k 3 z

xS m o k 3 z New Member

guys if you want a good build just use armor/RoF/Acc or armor/acc/skill
    those are the 2 builds used by the good teams on 360 platform.
    why? armor 3, you survive back grapple daggers from assassins and all front grapples no matter if its dagger or sword (being at full health of course), RoF is if you use your grenade launcher more frequently and can use it right/to your advantage. Accuracy is for less bullet spread. When you encounter other classes that shoot faster then you, then you need to use your mobility strafing skills to make him aim and the includes you, so using the accuracy really helps against gunners and refusing to aim down your sight moments against other assaults. I prefer the 2nd build though, it was introduced by kckzi i think? and its like the anti-assault class. armor and acc are the same reasons i gave for before, but skill makes it so u can throw your bomb twice as much as the other assaults and charge twice as much, even with bronze. Your bomb is op and idk why assaults dont use it a lot! the charge decreased time makes it so you can make escapes more frequent and keep that awesome killstreak up you randy try hard :D

xS m o k 3 z opinion and thats all.
  5. G4-

G4- New Member

The two you listed are the two that I've used extensively, and I've been using the second (Skill/Armor/RoF) almost exclusively for the last 20 or so levels. The Level 3 Skill endorsement is great, not just for bombs, but for the escapability that the fast refresh on Level 3 Charge allows you. It's saves me from dying a few times each match. Armor to save from front grapples. And I generally play up close, so RoF instead of Accuracy.
  6. Wintermute

Wintermute New Member

I would feel the decision would be torn on whether or not the OP would use the skills sparingly or whenever they can.

If you do have the rate of fire (with the natural fast reload) you can make Gunners and Tanks panic. The other classes may be a challenge if they can keep avoiding shots (unless you burst fire, which I usually do.)

A high skill regen means more bombs sooner, more charges, and move fly opportunities. I'd probably choose the skill regen as gold if you're on overtime, the RoF would be good otherwise.

Also, from what I've seen, if you're more defensive (or overtime and trying to defend) Charge 3 with skill would work nicely, in other cases, i'd stick with Charge 2 (you don't want to accidentally Grapple into a blackjack as you're escaping after a juice).
  7. Aquafox

Aquafox New Member

I use Rof/Armor/Acc and i think its pretty descent for kills. AR at some distance and grenades launcher the skills regenerate at good rate so i don't think skill reco bronze is good.
  8. Agrippa

Agrippa New Member

I've made a choice:I played a lot of SKill/armor/rof yesterday and holy molly:"Pipa fking cheater,Pipa F*CK OFF!,Pipa get a life outside the game..." I did so good...you can literally SPAM the bomb 3 with this builds,and that sh1t is almost like a guaranteed kill every time,if you get good at it.Plus Armor+such a low cd on charge= Lovely survability.And the AR isn't that bad,it still owns tanks and gunners,and the lighter classes should have half hp or less after a bomb,so...

Nade launcher is far worse though,but I think it's worth it.This build fits my playstyle,so I'm sticking with it.I encourage other fellow assaults,to try it:AR based endorsement build is nice,but having a bomb all the time can be so much better in so much more situations.
  9. Arkanfel

Arkanfel New Member

It seems to me like the bomb is more for propulsion than damage. I'm thinking of them more and more like mini ejectors and less like mines or grenades (which is how they appear at first). The best Assaults can place bombs in such a way on certain spots that you literally can't pursue without being knocked out of the ring. Those things are pretty versatile.
  10. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Interesting...

I'll have to give this a try.
  11. Wintermute

Wintermute New Member

I was playing around with Assault the other day, found that the skills regened quite fast even without endorsements. With endorsements would definitely give a good upper hand. It might mean that you need to kite/lure enemies though to get some effectiveness unless you're good at Headcrabbing.
  12. Sohldad

Sohldad New Member

As a bot pushing Assault; I would choose the first one. But, having two custom classes set up with both of those builds would be beneficial. It's like you said. The first build would be good early game. Once the bots are in the other teams base and it's a matter of keeping them pinned down; switch to the other setup.
  13. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Honestly either go

Skill/Armor/Rof

or

Armor/Rof/Skill

Gold Rof is just not worth it over gold armor.. ive played ALOT of assault I can tell you that silver ROF is still very very good and 100 extra health is huge. You wont need charge to escape nearly as often.
  14. Arkanfel

Arkanfel New Member

I want to get good with assault (I'd say I'd start getting there in 25ish hours :? ) but so far I've found that I can't hit much of anything without an accuracy endorsement, and my clip seems short plus RoF seems to be a given. How do you compensate for the enormous reticle and short clip with the RoF endorsement?
  15. grimbar

grimbar New Member

Close the distance between you and your enemy before you engage.
  16. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

armor/rof/skill
  17. G4-

G4- New Member

IMO, if you're pushing bots, RoF is the way to go because you can use your bots as cover so you can get closer. You'll also build juice faster if you're in closer and have the RoF endorsement.

I always run Skill/Armor/RoF now. There's nothing like a having a bomb and charge ready every few seconds .

edit: +1 on this:
    Your mobility lets you get closer in, so do it. Then you don't need to run Accuracy.
  18. MLGIntervention

MLGIntervention Active Member

Armor/rate/acc