Have comanders always been able to ignore walls?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by tommybananas, August 2, 2014.

1. tommybananas

tommybananas Active Member

Just had a spawn everywhere map, and spawned next to another guy in his com.
    did the standard build walls to try protect your self and get turrets / some semblance of a base.
    How ever both our coms just shot over the walls making any kinda agressive building pointless as you can get the wall down but the turret he just kills as its being built. made the whole experience a moot point and in the end i killed his com and his coms explosion killed mine haha.
    Now it seems like the only option is to run away and try build a base as best you can with out fighting in what will inevitably end up a draw. as you cant field enough units to counter the uber cannons damage with numbers!!!
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

Spawn everywhere is only fun for comm boxing imho

I'm not sure why people enable spawn anywhere on serious games like FFA, its really dumb.

And yeah the wall glitch happens to me sometimes with dox
  3. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Units being able to shoot through their own walls was intended actually I believe :p
  4. tommybananas

tommybananas Active Member

i ment commanders bein able to shoot over enemy walls
  5. yagamesh

yagamesh New Member

I would scrap walls and go for a more command and conquer zero hour approach to defence or at least enable gates please
  6. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Noticed that too, now walls are almost worthless with commboxing.
    It wasn't like that previous builds ago.