#Halo5SplitScreen

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by KnavishPlum, June 11, 2015.

1. KnavishPlum

KnavishPlum Active Member

This is my first time in the unrelated topics so sorry if I messed something up.

Recently it was stated by game informer that Halo 5 would not have local split screen in the campaign and local co-op, 2 player split screen as been hinted but it seems that it may to not be included, Halo 5 may be a one player game.

Now you may be wondering, Who cares, this is a forum for PC players and I own an Xbox all to myself. But what about those who don't? Like me? I own an Xbox with my brother and we usually play together. I am not ready to just shell out $400 dollars for another console, I have things I would like to use my money for instead of buy another Xbox because 343 seems to be ignoring those who still have to use it. (Halo Waypoint has a Thread right now, I am in it as KnavishPlum169, and it is a hot mess.) I just got some telling me I am living in the past because the absence of split screen is a problem for me and my brother, along with my friends.

So, if you play Halo and are getting Halo 5, but want to be able to play with friends or family on the same console, support are cause!!

Link to the Halo Waypoint thread: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...-422c-87ed-814c6b5d05e4/posts?page=29#post570b

(NOTE: starts on my last post before making this)
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

The thing is if splitscreen is put in you might need to downgrade to 30fps from 60. As afaik Halo 5 is 60fps. I loved splitscreen on Halo 3 and so on, but idk it's a new time I suppose. I'd love to help but I just don't see the change happening, and if it does happen you'll have to sacrifice some other stuffs.
  3. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

I feel ya @knavishplum - I love local co-op. It doesn't even need to be splitscreen, I just like the option of being able to play the same game with someone else in the room. I've even found a way to play Bejeweled on an iPad as a 2-player game because it lets us both make moves. :p
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

I don't even own a console, but I do remember playing Halo on the xbox of a friend years ago with him in splitscreen.
    Fun, though I got owned all the time. xD
    Weird to remove that fun game mode from Halo.
    Remy561 likes this.
  5. KnavishPlum

Oh! uh, hehe, wasn't expecting one of you guys to post here, this feels weird.

P.S (This hashtag is also appearing on tweeter just to point out, I did it here as I don't have social media and thought some people may play Halo.)

P.P.S (Still love PA!!)
  6. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Oh, sorry about that. :oops:
    It's just, it's a topic that I relate to. I still love console local co-op and it saddened me to watch this feature slip away.
  7. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Of the few reasons not to switch to PC gaming, lack of local co-op is probably the worst. Not much is more fun then being in the room while you kill your friends violently with caryoony gore!
  8. KnavishPlum

Oh, I did not mean it in a bad way, It just was not the first thing I was exacting. It is good to see others relate!! :D

This is important to me as I only play a small amount of games, Halo, Minecraft, PA and a few others, but it is a really small amount.
  9. squishypon3

@knavishplum @websterx01 @cola_colin @mkrater

So I believe the game actually does have 2 player split screen, only it's just for the multilayer component. Not the co-op. I saw a tweet from the overseer of the game (the boss guy) that said so.
  10. KnavishPlum

I know that, but the last time it was mentioned was a while back if I am correct, the most recent news has made it sound has if SS will not be included at all. All because of 60FPS
  11. squishypon3

Tbh I can't go back to 30 after playing PC and some xbone games. 60 is pretty much mandatory for fps to me.
  12. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I only notice the 30FPS on my PC. What gets me is 480p. Resolution on TV or in games. Especially PS2 games