Halloween Unmasking Part II Discussion

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, October 26, 2010.

1. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

I don't think you'll notice the Sniper Trap change that much. Everyone caught in the initial explosion still gets affected the same way as it does now, save the reducing in drain speed.
    The reduction in drain speed was needed. There was actually bad numbers that made it so everyone lost all their skills instantly, which you can agree was a little powerful.

As for the Scramblers... Scramblers are tricky, they aren't enemy killers but with their drain and used at the perfect time really hurts the other team. Try spawning some while there's a big battle going on in your base and watch everyone panic as they can't use their skills. I can't change the speed, drain speed or armor of the Scramblers because that would greatly alter how Blitz plays.
  2. F5in

F5in New Member

I'm happy with a lot of this stuff and iffy on others, but I REALLY like these updates:
    Reworked the death UI so that it now displays the endorsements of who killed you.
    (This will just be cool to see what other people are using and how they're playing)

Fixed players assisting in their own death.
    (Not really a big thing but it always bugged me when it said i assisted in my own death when I didn't hurt myself)

Fixed Tanks and Gunners jump jets staying on after a jump.
    (Oh my god is this annoying as hell or what? Glad it's getting fixed)
  3. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Two scramblers but not two bouncers? Freaking lame guys.

The only weakness of the sniper previously was a supremely crappy bot. That was a pretty lame weakness and now you've taken that away. Now he gets two bots for the price of one...... if you read the thread about lame bots the scrambler wasn't the only crappy bot that seriously needed a price change or massive improvements.
  4. Hector

Hector New Member

Awesome updates!!!!
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Please tell me that was sarcasm?
  6. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

UberGunner, if you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion and just continue to whine I suggest you do it elsewhere.
  7. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Five. Consecutive. Nerfs.

You can't possibly be complaining about a scrambler "buff". Also, I'm sure most snipers would agree with me when I say that I would much prefer any of the other pro's bots over one or even two scramblers. There is a reason that you basically never seen during the coarse of a crossfire game.
  8. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

The trap was overpowered and EVERYONE knew it. This is a respectable change.... I shouldn't be caught in the trap if I wasn't there when the trap was sprung.

Just be glad they didn't leave all that small stuff the same and nerf the sniper rifle with a massive accuracy penalty while moving.
  9. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

I'm wondering now...where's mystery person in the teaser image being more revealed than before? Curiosity beckons!
  10. The Teominator

The Teominator New Member

Spam the word EVERYONE much? :lol:
    *Thank you for posting non-nonconstructive comments on MNC forums,we don't look forward to your next visit.*
  11. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Hopefully it's not the assassin because that other photo it looks like the sniper is vomiting at the sight of her!

What we really need is the turrets destroyed/upgraded and bot kills added to the list.
  12. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Gunner I'm misquoted ^^^

I think they're trying to find a balance with the sniper.
    He's the ultimate long range fighter, and as it stood before one of the best close range.
  13. DeadStretch

But the Support looks very pleased.
  14. WiredGunslinger

WiredGunslinger New Member

Support's got a very good sense of humor so of course he'd find the comedy in it ;p
  15. StarPilot87

StarPilot87 New Member

If you ask me he looks like he's about to fall over laughing. That, and the Sniper is ready to "eject" his breakfast.
  16. UberGunner

UberGunner New Member

Right... because sniper was by far the most powerful class when you take a step back and look at the big picture. He has by far the most synergistic (not to mention effective) skills of any class for his class.

I sure as hell can as long as gunners and tanks both spawn bouncers. I'd rather have one scrambler than one bouncer (so you know I'd rather have two scramblers over one bouncer). As a gunner, if I could make scramblers I would use them to help protect the jackbot. I'd much rather the gunner had some other bot to spawn.... say a jackbot for $600 (6 gapshots > jackbot)? Every now and then I waste some money trying to get a bouncer to do anything. They continue to fail in an ultra hardcore fashion. Bouncers failed miserably when you could run from to one side of LaseRazor to the other chain spawning bots. They don't do squat when you have 4, 6 or 8. I know how worthless they are when I had lots of them so I just don't bother making one.
    Last edited: October 26, 2010
  17. DeadStretch

If you look carefully the Support is sitting on his firebase. I don't really know what to make of the Tank's reaction. He kind of has a smirk on his face but isn't Pit Girl his lover/crusher?
  18. DeadStretch

I am sorry to say but Bouncers are great at stopping a push simply because you can't ignore them. Bouncers also have a lot of armor/health so yes they are trouble when used in the right "situation."
  19. Ninja Wallace

Ninja Wallace New Member

TREE FULL O' POSSUMS
  20. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I think he has a thing for the assassin. Seeing as how they both enjoy the finer things in life, according to their bios ;)

Assasin likes:
    independent thinkers, substance over style.

Support Notable DNA:
    Leonardo DaVinci, Steve Jobs, Sushruta Samhita, Dr. Kinsey
    Support Likes:
    gondolas, Ferraris, Swiss chalets