Halloween Unmasking Part II Discussion

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Ekanaut, October 26, 2010.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like the heat vents on top of the tunnels but is there any information as to the top of other platforms that players should not be able to get on but somehow do (Steel Peel). A player got on top of the Steel Peel arena in one of my games and nothing hurt him and I wanted to know if heating vents would be added to that just to remove that instance from ever being repeated.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

How recent was it? Because this was fixed with the TU that released a few weeks ago.
  3. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    No more! :D
  4. RACIN N420N

RACIN N420N New Member

I hope you devs don't mind but I have posted this info over at adultgamersnetwork.com to try to stir up some more interest in the game from there. I plan to keep updating it all week as more is unmasked :)

Stay UBER my friends :D
  5. Cheesecakecrush

Cheesecakecrush New Member

Scramblers aren't directly offensive, which is why people think they suck, but that skill drain can be DEVASTATING. Just think: Sniper that has been racking up kills decides to go on a scrambler spawning spree while the rest of your team is working the enemy moneyball, so the Scramblers go directly around the moneyball and are draining enemy skills. That means almost NO crowd control besides default grapples. No tank charges, no cloaked assassins, greatly reduced ice traps and airstrikes, no skill-grapples (meaning only tank railgun is a ringout) and no assault bombs.

They're situational, like bouncers, but can be brutal if you can't do anything about them, or don't see them coming and suddenly you have no skills to assist in your escape.
  6. Galcian420

Galcian420 New Member

Actually, I think they suck because of their movement speed and fluffiness. Having 2 mostly useless Scramblers walking beside each other means that they will be easier to see.

Buffing its armor and increasing the radius of the skill drain, or increasing movement speed are both far better fixes than spawning two of them.

Oh well, now I can get the Protags for Scrambler kills more easily now, plus I'll make that extra bit of cash the 2nd one provides :)
  7. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

I would say that if you upped the armor considerably and the speed a little bit then they might actually be somewhat useful. As it stands, everything you said is true, except you're neglecting how weak they are. One sniper headshot, or a couple of shots from rail gun, mortar, grenade launcher, etc and they are dead. Every other bot is much more deadly as well as being much more heavily armored (or at least coming in groups).
  8. DeadStretch

"Damned if they do. Damned if they don't."

"No Expectations means No Disappointments"
  9. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

I don't mean to sound like I'm whining, but the assassin not humming to allies is a slight disadvantage, in my opinion. I won't pass judgment until I play with the changes though.

Other than that, great work so far!
  10. Galcian420

Galcian420 New Member

:shock:

Explain.
  11. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Depends on how you look at it. It's a disadvantage to the assassin in regards to enemies, because enemies will now never assume that a hum might be a friendly assassin. It's an advantage to everyone else, including everyone on the assassin's own team, because they will no longer be distracted by friendly assassins. Although, anyone that regularly assumes an assassin is friendly probably isn't too hard of a target.
  12. Vinticus

Vinticus New Member

Good point. Like I said, I'll wait and play with it all until I pass judgment. After all, the assassin did get a boost in lunge damage as well.
  13. Manouso

Manouso New Member

I main assassin and I'll take no friendly hum over a little doubt any day.
    Nothing is more annoying than looking around for half a minute, oh ok we do have an assassin here, gets backstabbed, oh so do they.

As for scramblers, like cheesecake said, they're situational. Stop cryin taters! <3
    Just like any bot if you get caught off guard they can aid in a kill.
    They aren't killing machines themselves, but can make fighting enemy pros a lot harder.

Having two means you have to kill an extra one per spawning.
    Sometimes this will help them close the gap especially if there's a pro shooting at you as well.
    They do need pros around to be useful, but a single spawn of the other bots with no one around aren't much of a threat either.
  14. Wandrian Wvlf

Wandrian Wvlf New Member

What are you going to do with your extra copy of the game, Manouso? I'm honestly curious XD
  15. Manouso

Manouso New Member

I'm sure someone on my list will appreciate it. I've played with a few people who got the demo but not the full version :)

On a side note forgot to say:
    Kudos to SirZaxxon, his wallpaper is f'in hilarious.
    Reminds me of A Christmas Story. One of the greatest Xmas movies ever.
  16. DeadStretch

You mean extra copies. Now Manny will have an even bigger team.

"Congrats to both Manouso and SirZaxxon for having their ideas picked for the contest. Youll both recieve MNC t-shirts of your choice, a signed print of your choice, and several copies of Monday Night Combat to share with your friends."
  17. Manouso

Manouso New Member

Muahaha Team Manny! Well if that's the case a few people will be getting the hook up. Spread the love!
  18. Rev Rabies

Rev Rabies New Member

Manny is win, i mean, his idea's even our banner right now
  19. PohTayToez

PohTayToez New Member

Listen, I think I'm being pretty cool about the fact that the class that I play exclusively has now underwent five consecutive nerfs. It's not as if it was completely unexpected, but I was (and still am) hoping that they can give us a little something to even it out. Doubling the scrambler spawn seems like more of a slap in the face than a buff.

I am glad that all of the nerfs are smallish, although the newest trap nerf is definitely the biggest of all. None by themselves so far have changed sniper's gameplay as much as the assassin lunge nerf (which is of course being lessened), however together they do change the class quite a bit.

I've enjoyed playing the sniper quite differently than most play it, getting up close and attacking my enemy right in their face. I just hope that the nerfs don't continue to the extent that would make this play-style unfeasible.
  20. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Is this still happening? This should have been fixed in the latest update.