Hacking Enemy Turrets

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by hostileparadox, December 22, 2010.

?

Hacking Enemy Turrets

1. Shorten time to hack

23 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. Leave as is

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Tomas

Tomas New Member

It's definitely possible to pull it off, and when you grab a rockit it has a huge effect. I just feel both these two aspects need to be toned down a little bit for it to be more viable without it being obligatory. Shortening both the time it takes to hack an enemy turret and the duration seems like it makes the most sense to me.

The only time I manage to hack rockit turrets is when we are making a game winning push anyway and it wasn't needed. Hacking shaveices, blazers, and longshots seems a bit pointless since it's easier and safer to destroy them, and the enemy will destroy them anyway without suffering much of the turret's effects while they're up.

I don't think I've ever managed to hack a turret in a way that it had any effect whatsoever on our chances of winning. Either I should have just airstrike'd it, or we were doing the winning push anyway.
  2. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

What I don't understand is since you are hacking an enemy turret it takes longer but that teams Support can hack it back normally.

I hacked a Lv1 Lazer Blazer on Spunky Cola the other day. It was on the back nub next to the moneyball. My team was pushing in from the front and I decided to hack that turret. The whole time I was hacking it the turret was looking right at me an shooting away. I had not upgraded my passive and by the time it was hacked I wasn't even below half health. I ended up getting a triple kill once it was hacked though. I was sad that I couldn't upgrade it.
  3. AARPS

AARPS New Member

IMO a turret on your nub should still be your turret, even under the enemy's influence. You should be able to reclaim with the original hack time, and I think you should be able to reclaim with any level of hack. The enemy turret hack is a great trick but I dunno... I just want the support to be able to dig out of the situation by himself; let him stay effective as a base defender! Especially given the air strike regen times being extended.
  4. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

You mean reduced. Yeah that's right, he's now more offensive than before, not less.
  5. DeadStretch

Wrong again Mikey. With the launch of Spunky Cola Special the Support's cooldown for his Air Strikes was increased, meaning it now take longer than it did prior.

I am not intentionally doing this.
  6. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Maybe still on the Xbox, but this time you're actually wrong. Check the beta update notes: Second Patch reads:

Therefore, there is less time between each airstrike, making him more offensive.
  7. DeadStretch

Yes there you are right but I know AARPS is an XBox player.

*Mental not I have to realize I am sometimes in the PC section. Sorry about that.
  8. AARPS

AARPS New Member

Yep, 360, thx deadstretch.
    And yep I need to remember the same thing!

They gave 'em back? AWESOME NEWS!