Gunners.....still......really?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by ZoZo, April 6, 2011.

1. Demigod At Play

Demigod At Play New Member

I don't think anyone else has mentioned this, but Shurikens absolutely WRECK gunners. With some practice, a single clip can easily take them down even if they're moving.
  2. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DONT LISTEN TO HIM! THEY HEAL GUNNERS! THIS MAN IS CRAZY!!!!!
  3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I would laugh if I seen an allied Assassin do that to a friendly Gunner. :lol:
  4. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

you would be shocked by how many team mates shoot me as a gunner....on purpose
  5. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

i usually do that when a gunner's fat *** is blocking the spawn exit

speaking of the gunner's fat ***, playing gunner makes me really wish my character model was semi-transparent. It's soooo annoying how much he blocks the view when he's near a wall or when he tries to aim upward. It's part of his big weakness against assaults
  6. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

yes he's to fat :(
  7. zenstar

zenstar New Member

Lies! He's just big boned. :p

EDIT: now I can't stop imagining him speaking in cartman's voice. "Screw you assault. I'm going home!"
  8. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

more like "MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM!" oh wait...that's the sniper
  9. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

It's still frustrating the guy shoots mortars out of his bloody toes or something because you can never aim down a ledge. :|
  10. zenstar

zenstar New Member

You gotta do that little hop like you're constipated or something :(

What are you shooting down there anyway? You can't see anything when you aim down thanks to the massive shoulders (sniper magnets). ;)
  11. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

The enemy's name and red health bar, coupled with the mortar's lovely splash damage is plenty enough to not need precise aiming when getting that hiding munky. :mrgreen:
  12. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

the angle on the mortar is really weird overall. Normally the initial arc of a weapon like this is always the same relative to your reticle. With the mortar though, it goes way above if you aim up and way below if you aim down.
  13. Nekoh

Nekoh New Member

One question I've always wondered is how the mortar reticule actually works, further the distance the lower the reticule you use? I normally just shoot once then base how high/low I need to aim to hit the target lol.
  14. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

You mostly just have to develop a feel for it
  15. zenstar

zenstar New Member

I pretty much do the same thing... aim roughly for the first shot and then make adjust. Thankfully mortars split and do splash damage ;)
  16. Esham

Esham New Member

With just 4 maps i have just learnt where to aim with the mortar. For instance hitting snipers on spunky from the middle area is dead easy for me. Most of the time the first shot lands and the second kills.

Or on Ammo Mule from one elevated lane to the other. Over time it just get easy.

Although i played a lot of tf2 as demo and i am rock solid with the nade launcher.
  17. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

I will say though, that getting hit by a deployed gunner across the map on grenade 3 and having the slow effect you for the next ~5 seconds is rediculously OP.
  18. killien

killien Active Member

It is quite annoying that a single bullet that came from the far side of the map and causing only 18 damage would cause that much slowdown
    I'd say slowdown should have a similar falloff to damage
  19. zenstar

zenstar New Member

Uh-oh.. I can hear the tf2 heavy crying over natasha now...
  20. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Ugh, TF2. They ruined that game for me by adding so many slow/stun/popup weapons. I don't care so much about the item collection/crafting crap, but the Natasha, Force-a-Nature, Sandman, pyro airblast.. ugh. Anything that impairs movement is just frustrating as hell and anti-fun.