"Gunners should have the most bot kills each game." Wut?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Im Hudson, May 18, 2011.

1. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

why? the turrets will die just the same if a gunner and assault are peppering it from a distance and it wouldnt waste a juice, also it would spread the early money around a bit more.
  2. Vlane

Vlane New Member

Ignoring the fact that assassins are at the bots faster and don't have to focus on killing pros, yes, yes you are right then.

And an assassin gets a turret down faster than an assault.
  3. thebabelfish

thebabelfish Member

While tanks and sins should generally top bot kill numbers on the PC, I don't feel it's by as much as on the console.

The improved accuracy of a mouse and keyboard means you can project force much easier. The sin, and especially the tank, have to get in close and vulnerable to really do the damage to bot waves, so they die more often when a team knocks them around then focuses them down.

Add snipers wiping out an entire wave in one clip in the space of 1 second, or long range assault grenades 1-shotting any slim, and you get a lot less killboard numbers at the end of the match.
  4. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

sure the sin can kill the turret quicker than an assault. but the assault and gunner can kill it quicker than the sin, and stay at a safe range. Both ways work, im just thinking the one involving more team work will set you up better to push forward once the turrets are down.
  5. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Assaults and Gunners should be focusing on controlling Pros. With Pros ducking for cover or just dying that leaves it open for Assassins to slip in. Tanks have the best tools to kill bots from afar, Product Grenade 3 and his Railgun.
  6. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

people seem to underestimate the railgun for killing bots its amazing.

as a fairly decent gunner player, i use bots for juice, i will shoot a couple of mortars into them when theres not a lot going on but my focus is ALWAYS pro's and turrets, bots come after that, they are great means for juice and money as a gunner but you can't clear them very effectviely, slims yes, black jacks no.

and to all the new gunners out there USE YOUR GOD DAMN MORTAR AGAINST TURRETS AND BOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so many people minigunning bots and turrets :(
  7. DeadStretch

Here's a fun fact: Until you get Gunner Passive 3, deploying and using your Minigun on bots takes 'em out quite fast. At the same time you gain juice like crazy.
  8. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i have never thought of that as a juice gain.....i must try this, btw, since when did you start to play again? o_O
  9. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

i find this almost impossible lol

gunners and snipers are the classes i play the least so i might be wrong, but aren't snipers also good at that?

i dunno about you but i find the tank very effective at taking out bot waves at long range. i'd say sins are the hardest (compared to tank) to clear a wave and survive since a well-guarded lane is a pretty large obstacle to sins.
  10. Wintermute

Wintermute New Member

I'm not sure if Aussie players are just as ignorant as your described players in terms of bots, but many, many, times I have seen practically the other 4-5 players of my team at the enemy's doors while our moneyball is under an immediate threat of pounding from the masses of bots flooding into our base. I think it really boils down to our skill and knowledge of the game compared to the "team"mates, meaning we have to pick up their slack. If this happens when you're a Support or a Sniper, unless you've got the proper upgrades, it's harder to deal with it solo. It's even worse when they have a sin/tank popping off your bots.

I think it changes in some maps. G3 could mean an overpile for one lane for both teams, which gets ridiculous. Spunky can end up as bot-overflow and the aforementioned "rest of team is at the enemy's door." Ammo, Steel and Lazer don't seem to end up so bad in my experience.

I've seen around a 40-60 split of experienced-trollface sins. The 60% trollface by a combination of feeding the enemy team kills in conjunction with a low earning and low ProKills, low or nonexistant botkill or both. Usually I've seen both happen, and only once ever it's happened to me, just due to a flood of heavies on the enemy team and my stubbornness to not change class. I could go on to say how i've seen sins fleeing the enemy base after their juice yet they don't kill the bots which end up killing them/me/other teammate.

Assaults and Gunners are the most sturdy for controlling Pro flows, but Snipers can mean a major distraction. The enemies may/may not think "Will I be an easy Headshot target?, Can my team's Sniper(s) cover me?, How experienced is this Sniper?" This serves as a possible block, but Gunners who can aim well with a Level 3 mortar/avoid shots usually only need to worry about a very good sniper.

(dictionary is off for some reason hence probably incorrect spelling somewhere in the post)
  11. DeadStretch

Imo, Snipers and Supports help secure ground and control the map.
  12. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

I was just thinking if you had to put classes into pairs:

Bot Killers&Close Range/Close Range Turret Aggressors
    Assassin
    Tank

Pro killers/Long range Turret Agressors
    Gunner
    Assault

Area Denial
    Support
    Sniper

Also

Map Control
    Assassin
    Assault

Turret Wreckers

Tank
    Gunner

Charismatic
    Sniper
    Support
  13. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Should be:

Lane Control:
    Assassin
    Tank (counter assassin, long range control)

Mid Control:
    Gunner with support leash
    Assault
    Hacked Firebase
    Sniper with well placed ice traps

Annihilator duty:
    Assassin
    Sniper

Juice Chaining:
    Assault
    Gunner
  14. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Everyone in this thread forgot Sniper's Passive 3, and being able to kill bots from anywhere in like 3 shots (And by that I mean the whole wave).
  15. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

thats only if they headshot the blackjack (which most don't)
  16. Espiodude2

Espiodude2 New Member

Most people not doing it (Which is a broad generalization, mind you) is irrelevant.
  17. DelBoy

DelBoy New Member

I think it's not whether they headshot the blackjacks. It's whether they touch the bots at all. :roll:
  18. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

they can kill the slims yes but the blackjack won't die unless they are headshots is what i am saying