GUI Mock-Up

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Culverin, October 10, 2013.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

they could do the stepping the same way they did up until now: more scrolls to unlock further out views.
  2. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

3 Zoom levels, Planet, Orbital and System View. I like it because it would solve the difficulty to separate ground units from orbital units.

But I have vallen in love with the idea of a smooth zoom. :oops: From ground to system in one single scroll with a smooth transition.
  3. stormingkiwi

stormingkiwi Post Master General

I don't like it.

I'm holding judgement until I actually see it.

But I have concerns.

But I haven't seen it yet. So I guess I am really cautiously optimistic.
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I would like to be able to see the orbital overview with your map planet 2 maps than the standard globe. And then when you zoom into one part of this map it wraps around your cursor into the Globe. That would be awesome and a great overview of whole system.
  5. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

It is a bit difficult to understand, but lets see if I got it.

You want a map when you are zoomed out and when you zoom in the map slowly turns back in to a planet so you get more detail and a more accurate picture.

PS.
    The picture I made was meant to help explain what I mean, the virtual 2nd screen. Everything in it should be fully customizable to fit a players taste or needs. I also think that that GUI should save the settings and customizations you make so that you don't have to configure it every game.

What I want from a mini-map:
    -Low detail
    -Difference between land, water. (I don't want to see the different biodomes(forest,desert,snow) or only a very minimum.)
    -Objects, cracks, lava (Simple gray or black so you know units can't move over it.)
    -Units are really good to spot.
    -Possible to give commands on map.
    -Possible to move camera to place on the map.
    -Good overview
  6. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

Yes, me 2. :)

It sounds and looks very awesome but it might not be very good gameplay wize.

About Orbital View:
    -I would like to see a grid.
    -The planet should be greyed-out a bit.
    -Only things I want high lighted on the planet are the Orbital launcher and Umberellas.
    -Camera movement should be the same as looking at the ground (smoother then it is now).
    -Stuff on the ground doesn't get selected when I'm in orbital.
    -Maybe a button or something to do this.
  7. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

It's the best thing to happen to PA so far, yea!

Think of the the movie clip makers.

...and the movie clips they make.

plus way better to zoom back in where you where from orbital view. a hefty improvement if you ask me.