Guess the date and time it hits 900k! < 6k left!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by superroach, August 28, 2012.

1. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

2. rick104547

rick104547 Member

Re: Guess the date and time it hits 900k!

Then in a few days i donate once i get the paypall to work :)
  3. microwavelazer

microwavelazer Member

A while back I modelled the the rate at which PA was receiving money and based on that It should breach $900,000 some time august 30th or 301st. most likely the 30th based on the current trend.
    [​IMG]
  4. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

29.08.2012 ~20:00 (UTC +1)
  5. Spooky

Spooky Member

No, John Mavor/neutrino confirmed, that the PayPal donators will also get their money back, if the goal is not reached on Kickstarter. Hence, they cannot simply "smurf" it ;).
  6. mauly

mauly New Member

26 hours from this post! So tomorrow evening 22h European time.
  7. Frostiken

Frostiken Member

I want to know how the crap Wasteland 2 / Shadowrun Online all managed to get like $2M in the first ten minutes (or something ridiculous like that). I've been gaming for a long time and I barely even knew what Wasteland was, and Shadowrun? Christ, even amongst my internet friends I'm still the only one who actually had an interest in Shadowrun.
  8. thefirstfish

thefirstfish New Member

I wouldn't be surprised if PA ends up hitting a really high number to be honest. Hope someone's thinking up stretch goals 3 through 5 :)
  9. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

I hope we hit stretch goal ten.
  10. Spooky

Spooky Member

Shadowrun online did not get $2M or any ridiculous amount in the first ten minutes. Shadowrun online actually had to struggle to reach its funding goal. It was pushed steeply at the end (may be due to more media coverage, it was only then I found out about it myself). See http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/196435 ... un-online/

Wasteland 2 on the other hand got over $470k on the first day: http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2/

Btw. hello fellow MWLL player... ;)
  11. Frostiken

Frostiken Member

Err, not Shadowrun Online. The other Shadowrun game. Sorry.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/161326 ... n-returns/

Not $2M, but even PA started at zero on day one, this one exploded and almost reached its goal right away. Shadowrun is an incredibly niche franchise so I was very surprised.

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/667108 ... adventure/

Then there's this. What the hell happened here?

Also HIHI spooky :)
  12. Spooky

Spooky Member

$72k on the first day ;)

Well, I am surprised too. But with Shadowrun I at least knew that some sort of franchise existed. I have never heard of Wastelands before though.

That at least I can understand. While the actual amount of support is amazing, I find it at least conceivable there, that so many people really, really want to have such a classic adventure game again, at a bargain even. (Not me though, I only backed it out of principle ;P)
  13. Frostiken

Frostiken Member

Well it's moreso the '$2M on the first day' thing. Even on the internet, word only travels so fast. Unless one extremely wealthy philanthropist dumped $2M on the first day, thus why the 'actual' graph over the rest of the month only slowly crawled upwards...

Anyway it seems we'll hit $900k tonight. Noice. I keep forgetting it's still afternoon in the States.
  14. 6animalmother9

6animalmother9 Member

09:30EST 29 August
    Last edited: August 28, 2012
  15. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

I'm willing to bet either today or early tomorrow. So... no more than 20 hours.

It's picked up a lot for whatever reason and seems to be going pretty quickly now.
  16. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Total Biscuit effect?

If we maintain current rate it would be today. Otherwise probably tomorrow.
  17. JWest

JWest Active Member

And there are still 16 more days left in the kickstarter ;) Time to hit those stretch goals!
  18. 6animalmother9

6animalmother9 Member

I have not contributed yet, I don't want to commit money till I know that I'll have anything to spend on the last days of the kickstarter event. Hoping to have enough for the $115 (International Shipping), but may be as low as $20. You've got to love the emergent economy.

Saying that, it will pass the 900K mark by the time I hop on the wagon, and hopefully will be onto the Gas Giant stretchgoal, if not passed it, now that TB has done the video.

Speaking of which, how does the $15 international shipping work? How do I provide you with my address?
  19. megrubergusta

megrubergusta New Member

I geuss in the next 12 hours (yes optimistic). And I guess (hope) we'll gonna get an update ;)
  20. luukdeman111

luukdeman111 Member

i guess it will be in like 10 hours.... it's amazing what TB can do for this game. From the moment he upped his video the pledge rate went from 800 per hour to 4k per hour.... i mean, that's impressive!