Grudge Match of the Century

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by Edward Coug, December 15, 2010.

1. Shammas

Shammas New Member

I'm sure K Rool could find much better players. And why aren't you playing if you made the thread? You're just throwing them in the fight? Why don't all these ****-talking kids on the forums man up and play us some time? Coug, Dead stretch, Miss Informed, Ghostmerc, etc.
  2. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Shammas kid, you're a prince. I don't mean to call you ungrateful, but didn't I give you exactly what you wanted? You've been begging for stiff competition, and I handed it to you on a silver platter.

I'm not scared to play you or your team. I offered to play. I just don't think I belong on the dream team. If you insist on having me play and the other players agree to it, I'll take Peachy's spot. Dream Team will still win. I think you'll lose by more if someone better plays, however.

It's not like I haven't played against you, either. And I've never called you terrible. Quite the opposite. My first post, I seem to recall, was in defense of you. If I do any trash talking, it's clearly a joke. Just ask Deadeye.

What I'm most interested in is seeing some of the best players go at it. Is that such a bad thing?
  3. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Actually yes, you were my second account that I used to post good things about me. :D
    But you should allow K Rool to pick the team. He's in another league than any of them.
  4. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Publicly professing my love for Coug and Xenonox.
  5. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

I want this team right here:

HI IM SNARF (Assassin)
    TOM12121212 (Sniper)
    Jon (switching with KingLou between support and tank)
    Scented Midget (Gunner)
    The Teominator (Assault)
    KingLou (switching with John between Tank and Support)

Pretty much the best party of 6 I've ever been a part of (sans Lou, who hasn't played with that group yet I don't beleive), but it's been a while since that's gone down. But if we could organize that, I'd want winner.
  6. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

Man love approved.

I'm sure we'll be glad to play against the listed roster.

If you would prefer, your team can play GP first since my team is still waiting for responses from players we wish to have.

After that, we would ultimately find a date to play; that is, where everyone shows up.

Amen.
  7. Shammas

Shammas New Member

We'd love to play that team.
  8. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I say get a match set up between two teams. New Year's Day. Halftime of the Rose Bowl. I'll be watching Shammahs's livestream.
  9. Shammas

Shammas New Member

This doesn't seem like a "grudge match" though. You're pitting us against people that we are pretty much cool with saying "sick 'em boys!!!", and they aren't even a team. If you want a real grudge match, have us play a group of "high-and-mighty" forum kids like Tom12132548648693020214394's team.
  10. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

You're right. It doesn't have to be a grudge match.

But, I didn't hear a 'no' to halftime of the Rose Bowl.
  11. Shammas

Shammas New Member

Round up a team that's willing to play us, but give them time to practice so we have a challenge and I'd love to. Maybe Shadowstorm is hard at work planning the next tournament, who knows?
  12. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

Well, I wouldn't have put it that way, but another tournament would be sweet.

Even if I wouldn't play in it because of my internet :(
    Last edited: December 17, 2010
  13. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

Lol, how is Tom a high and mighty guy?

We don't have an official "Team", but if we did, I'd say I'd be one of em. Me, Jon, Midget, and Tom are definites. I don't know who the other two would be...the 4 of us always play with each other but have different guys we play with other than that.

But I'm totally down to try and see if I can organize this. It would be fun. I'd like to get the same team to go up against Oxy, as well. Honestly, we just need to get a tournament tournament going. I'm about to organize a thread for real. This shiz needs to happen. I'm gonna make a thread right now in the tournament board.
  14. lDeadEye

lDeadEye New Member

Get owned Xeno :lol:
  15. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

I've been checkmate'd.

Amen.
  16. kckzi

kckzi New Member

I'm high and mighty.

Mostly high, but it makes me feel mighty.
  17. JackTrips

JackTrips New Member

I was thinking this also.

I imagine party chat is exactly like this:

K Rool: "I'm way better than you Xeno."
    Xeno: "yeah, I know :( "
    K Rool: "Seriously, I don't know why I let you play with me."
    Xeno: "sorry :cry: "
  18. XENONOX

XENONOX New Member

Haha that's exactly how it would go probably.

And then I'd probably have to pay him 1600 microsoft points just so he keeps me on his friend list.

Amen.
  19. HI IM SNARF

HI IM SNARF New Member

20. Edward Coug

Edward Coug New Member

Sorry, folks. Grudge Match of the Century's gotta happen. The stadiums have already sold out. The Tommy-1-2-times tourney can happen later.

Peachy's out. Dream Team, pick your sixth player.

And for god's sake, if you don't have grudges with each other, make some up. We need some high drama before the big fight.