Grapple moves...context sensitive?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by TGO023, June 26, 2010.

1. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Awesome!

Sweet!

Ahhhh, so that's what that thing is. Tubular!

Party Time! Excellent!

One last question: If you start a grapple that includes two hits on a target that is near death and one hit would kill it, do you go thru the whole animation of both hits even if the target is out of health after the first hit?

And thank you for taking the time to answer my seemingly endless questions! :D
  2. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

By cursor, do you mean the same thing as the targeting reticule?
    Last edited: July 29, 2010
  3. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Yes.
  4. TGO023

TGO023 New Member

Do the Skill Recovery sponsors affect the grapple recharge time, or is there no way to affect the cool down meter on secondary fire grapples?
  5. scathis

Secondary grapples are set, getting a skill recovery endorsement doesn't help since they aren't technically a blue, yellow or red skill.
  6. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------REPOST--------------------------------------------------------------------
  7. scathis

I was getting to you... after I made my lunch, grasshoppa.

It all depends on the animation. The animation will go through and leave the other alive until a set point in which we determine it's good to break the animation and still look good.

So basically... sorta, yes.
  8. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

Alright, I got a question.

What if I was too, I don't know, RANDOMLY get in the way of someone while they were grappling somebody else, would I get hit by their grapple too?

To make things simpler, is it POSSIBLE to hit two people with a grapple, when you can only grapple one person?
  9. scathis

You can only grapple one person at a time.

But there is the Assault and Tank charges that go through multiple people.
  10. broncoburns

broncoburns New Member

Sorry I get impatient when I'm excited. And getting lunch is an honorable quest that I would hate to keep you from finishing.

Stupendous! That's the most logical way to do it (Unfortunately, probably the hardest way, too). Man, August 11 can't come soon enough!
  11. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

Can you grapple someone while their grappling someone else?
  12. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

no, but we did play around with the idea of multi-person grapples but there are some issues with a multiplayer game. Something to try in the future...
  13. AAA

AAA New Member

I have a question.

Say I was to tee-off on my victim's jaw, and he was sent flying into a group of his friends... Would they take damage, or be blown backwards? Or will they just be as two trains passing in the night?

Also, if say I were to charge a group and push them off the edge, would they all count as ring-outs, only one, or would they all be considered suicides?

And can accidentally you punt the jackbot off the edge, at the price of all his drops?
  14. Proven

Proven New Member

I believe teammates naturally never hurt each other all the time. It's a good policy, as it often helps against griefing.

If you were to knock everyone off and it was from your attack, then you get a ring out kill for each and every one of them.

I don't believe any character is strong enough to knock a Jackbot off its feet. But if it was possible...
  15. Stroodlez

Stroodlez New Member

If you were to shoot somebody then they jump off the arena by themselves does it count as your kill?
    and
    If 2 people grapple 1 guy:
    1. Who go's first? or Will there be a Co-op grapple thing?
    and
    2. Will there be a way to block a grapple or do you just have to run away?
  16. scathis

It counts as your kill. Ringouts are currently, for good or bad, credited to whomever did the last damage to that player.

There is no co-op grapple, it comes down to whomever the host considered to have pulled it off first. There is no way to block a grapple but either person involved in a grapple can be killed during the grapple, including before damage is done.
  17. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

OK, then I guess I have a question...if I'm in the middle of grappling you, but someone is shooting you at the same time -- who gets the kill? The person with the killing blow, or does it default to the grappler?
  18. scathis

It depends on who gets the killing blow. Damage is dealt in a grapple when it looks like damage should be dealt. If someone shooting deals the actual death blow, they'll get the kill. Now you do take less damage from people outside the grapple so it's a bit harder to get the kill.* Either way, the other one will end up with an assist.

* We did it this way because at full damage grapples turned into insta-death for anyone who was involved with it. You'd see an enemy get grappled and immediately kill them, so we mitigate a lot of the outside damage to make it worth while to grapple.
  19. Sm1tty Sm1t

Sm1tty Sm1t New Member

that makes perfect sense, but my tactics will now be: "When I see a grapple, fire a few shots at the enemy in order to get an assist."
  20. scathis

Assists are awarded to anyone who does damage to someone before they die and haven't fully regenerated their health.